Author Topic: Source safe repository  (Read 4118 times)

Des_Jacobsen

Source safe repository
« on: June 03, 2008, 01:01:59 pm »
I am relatively new to Code::Block having come from a Microsoft development environment. I have to say I am very impressed.

The only feature or plug in I have not found is a code repository, or source safe that I can run on my local network. I want / need / am used to / being able to check in and check out various builds and manage the development process. I am sure there must be something out there so any suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

To those who had a part in developing Code::Blocks, well done!

Des

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Source safe repository
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 01:42:08 pm »
Suggestions :

1) ClearCase : very good : very expensive, I have a plug-in for it for CB
2) Perforce : also very good : free for personal use -> someday I will make a plug-in
3) svn : is ok : free --> in the forum you can find track of some svn plug-in for CB

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Source safe repository
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 04:28:48 pm »
I would say that svn is more than adequate for most projects (CB uses it). some of the distributed version control systems may work better for larger groups: add bazaar, mercurial and git to your list. I have personally use bzr on my local network and usually svn for hosted projects. all of these are free + open source software

the ones I mentioned are command line tools, but it wouldn't be a stretch to integrate some interfaces for them into CB (for example, I created a simple file browser that shows the status of files checked out from bazaar, mercurial and svn repositories in my ShellExtensions plugin -- you can check it out by following the link in my sig)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2008, 04:30:24 pm by dmoore »