Author Topic: Code::Blocks to develop commercial/proprietary software??  (Read 10741 times)

Novice

Code::Blocks to develop commercial/proprietary software??
« on: March 29, 2008, 09:42:04 am »
I am planning to use Code::Blocks with wxSmith plug-in. This is going to be a personal project as of now.

At some point in time later, if I want to sell my code as a product under a proprietary license, is it possible?

While I know that Mono allows this kind of commercial apps to be developed, I was not sure if C::B can be used for developing commercial/prop software?

Does C::B require any of its code to be redistributed for the code built with it to work?

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Code::Blocks to develop commercial/proprietary software??
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 11:24:45 am »
I am planning to use Code::Blocks with wxSmith plug-in. This is going to be a personal project as of now.

At some point in time later, if I want to sell my code as a product under a proprietary license, is it possible?

While I know that Mono allows this kind of commercial apps to be developed, I was not sure if C::B can be used for developing commercial/prop software?

Does C::B require any of its code to be redistributed for the code built with it to work?

Yes you can freely develop any Commercial / Propitiatory software with C::B / wxSmith.

You may not need to redistribute any of your code iff you don't use any portion of the code of wxSmith/C::B. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.