Author Topic: 8.02 Build Very Slow  (Read 4999 times)

Offline BCCISProf

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Professor Langsam's Home Page
8.02 Build Very Slow
« on: March 03, 2008, 10:57:38 pm »
I've installed CodeBlocks 8.02 on several machines without any issues.

On one particular laptop Pentium M - 2.13GHz 2GB RAM Windows XP SP2, the build of even the simple Hello program takes 1 minutes 20 seconds. The previous nightly built the hello.exe almost instantaneously.

I am baffled :)

Any ideas?

Thanks

Offline XayC

Re: 8.02 Build Very Slow
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2008, 06:11:21 pm »
Something like that once happened to me too (not 1minute but still a long time), the strange thing is that after the first compile, the compile time was back to normal. Is this happening to you, or you always get a slow compile?

XayC

Offline BCCISProf

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2008, 06:30:48 pm »
The builds are consistently slow. Its as if the linker goes asleep. I checked CPU usage and it is quite low.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2008, 06:34:56 pm »
The linker is quite unpredictable in respect of the time it takes to run, I'm often baffled seeing it take 4-5 times longer than usual, and then running the same as before the next time again.
However, I have never seen anything close to one minute, not even when linking the Code::Blocks SDK.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline BCCISProf

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2008, 06:46:15 pm »
I uninstalled and reinstalled and it still does the same thing. I am really puzzled :)

Offline JGM

• Lives here!
  • Got to practice :)
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2008, 07:18:34 pm »
this could be a silly comment of mines but the computer you are using could be underclocked. You should check your bios configurations, especially if only is happening on one computer.

Offline BCCISProf

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2008, 07:34:32 pm »
Did that. In addition during the build phase the CPU load is still quite low. And the last nightly build prior to 8.02 worked fine.