Author Topic: Working with Python  (Read 4681 times)

Offline ivucica

• Multiple posting newcomer
Working with Python
« on: February 14, 2008, 01:05:21 pm »
Cheers,

I'd like to work with Python in Code::Blocks, primarily because of I'm used to C::B's interface, and because of its excellent project files. I'm just starting to work with Python (being forced to :P ), so I'm not really familiar with its intricacies. All I need is that the program launches in when I press F9.

I guess I need to do something in Settings->Compiler and debugger->Other Settings->Advanced, but as I said, I don't know enough about Python nor about possibilities for modifying the way to launch scripts by calling an interpreter.

I don't plan to create mixed C++/Python projects -- I plan to work on pure C++ and pure Python projects.

So, is there a Python expert somewhere on these forums who has already made C::B work with Python? I don't need any extra debugging features and I don't want to compile+install any plugins, I only need a way to launch the Python program with stock Win32 C::B (and optionally GNU/Linux C::B).

Offline dje

• Lives here!
Re: Working with Python
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 01:51:56 pm »
Hi !

If you search the forums, lots of answers are present, even a python plugin (link).

Dje

zaley

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:03:28 am »
I can't find the plugin source code.
Can everyone tell me where i can download it?

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2008, 01:17:53 pm »
I can't find the plugin source code.
Can everyone tell me where i can download it?

well following the supplied link i read...

http://developer.berlios.de/projects/cbilplugin/
Source code here: http://prdownload.berlios.de/cbilplugin/CBPythonPlugin.zip

Source compiling instructions

Source Code link was fairly visible =-)

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2008, 01:22:19 pm »
zaley: you should take the source from the project SVN. (the downloads are out of date)

the python plugin is bareboned and needs an overhaul (at present, the only really useful feature is debugging). you might find the ShellExtensions plugin more useful as it gives you a file system browser and customizable context menu actions.

zaley

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 01:16:27 am »
Oh, only  the python debugging feature   interest  me.

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 01:54:39 am »
well, give it a try and give me your thoughts on improvements you'd like to see.