Author Topic: The 26 January 2008 build (4845) is out.  (Read 40980 times)

Offline @nthony

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 26 January 2008 build (4845) is out.
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 10:09:06 pm »
In the symbols browser of the Manager tab "Jump to declaration" and "Jump to definition" do not do either (nor does double-clicking the item).

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 04:59:41 pm »
To compile trunk using windows XP and NOT using PCH needed this patch.

Tim S

Code
Index: src/plugins/classwizard/classwizarddlg.cpp
===================================================================
--- src/plugins/classwizard/classwizarddlg.cpp (revision 4852)
+++ src/plugins/classwizard/classwizarddlg.cpp (working copy)
@@ -41,6 +41,7 @@
 #include "editormanager.h"
 #include "globals.h"
 #include "manager.h"
+#include "macrosmanager.h"
 #include "projectmanager.h"
 #endif
 #include "cbstyledtextctrl.h"
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 05:39:05 pm »
done

Offline rhf

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 06:45:32 pm »
I have just experienced a problem with the latest nightly build on Windows XP.
The debug commands are not working properly. For example, F7 does not do Next Line but does Step into, which should be Shift-F7. Ctrl-Shift-F7 appears to abort or maybe continue, etc.

I then tested this with my compiled CodeBlocks and had similar problems, so this may not really be a Nightly build problem.
Everything looks OK in cbKeyBinder10.ini. I also tried an earlier gdb.exe with no luck. It is possible that I messed up the .conf file but I have erased it and started over several times with no success.

This is bad timing because I was using the latest Nightly build to convince several colleagues to switch to CodeBlocks.
Their first question was, does CB have an integrated debugger.  Hopefully, someone has a simple suggestion for fixing this before my colleagues give up on me.

Thanks.

Offline Pecan

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 07:35:14 pm »
I have just experienced a problem with the latest nightly build on Windows XP.
The debug commands are not working properly. For example, F7 does not do Next Line but does Step into, which should be Shift-F7. Ctrl-Shift-F7 appears to abort or maybe continue, etc.

I then tested this with my compiled CodeBlocks and had similar problems, so this may not really be a Nightly build problem.
Everything looks OK in cbKeyBinder10.ini. I also tried an earlier gdb.exe with no luck. It is possible that I messed up the .conf file but I have erased it and started over several times with no success.

This is bad timing because I was using the latest Nightly build to convince several colleagues to switch to CodeBlocks.
Their first question was, does CB have an integrated debugger.  Hopefully, someone has a simple suggestion for fixing this before my colleagues give up on me.

Thanks.

As a test, I would completely disable keybinder at Menu/Plugins/ManagePlugins. Then restart CB.

If that solved the problem, I'd then delete keybinder10.ini . Keybinder will build a new one on the next CB startup.

It's possible that a crash or very old keybinder10.ini file has mismatched the menuId's. I've seen this happen when a plugin crashes while keybinder was writing it's .ini file.

It's also possible, that if you've copied a keybinder ini file that belonged to a different configuration of CB (eg., different plugins loaded) that the menuId's will be off by the number of menu items the plugins add or replace. Eg., plugin y on system2 got system1's plugin x's menuId's from the copied keybinder10.ini, because plugin  x is not on system2.

This corrects itself over time (in partial scans every 15 seconds), but it can be confusing.

To make a new keybinder10.ini, simple (re)"save" after bringing up the keybinder settings dialog.

Edit: 2008/01/30 1:44
My F7 and other debugger keys seem to be working correctly.
svn build  rev 4829 (2008-01-16T20:17:30.273085Z)   gcc 3.4.5 Windows/unicode

« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 07:51:58 pm by Pecan »

Offline rhf

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 12:50:06 am »
The debug commands are not working properly. For example, F7 does not do Next Line but ...
As a test, I would completely disable keybinder at Menu/Plugins/ManagePlugins. Then restart CB.  etc.
Thanks very much for your suggestions, Pecan, but nothing seemed to fix the problem.
Finally, I decided to switch compilers (version 4.2.1) from mingw32-gcc-sjlj.exe and mingw32-g++-sjlj.exe to mingw32-gcc-dw2.exe and mingw32-g++-dw2.exe. Everything now seems to work fine.
Thanks again.

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 08:17:45 am »
To compile trunk using windows XP and NOT using PCH needed this patch.
I knew it!

...what's missing is surely a non-PCH build fix. I hope stahta01 will help here...
Hehe... ;-)
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline yipinx

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 03:57:45 pm »
Hey i'm new to code blocks and i have a question.

Not sure why it has difficulties installing.. I'm using windows xp sp2 and I tried different scenarios:
1) install 1.0 rc2 download the 3 packages, and simply copy them in the codeblocks dir. however there doesn't seem to be a project template ready, and therefor i'm not able to create a new project...
2) clean install of only the 3 packages of the nightly build (simply unpack and copy to the codeblocks dir). Now it complains that i should use the --prefix to set the base data path.. however nothing seems to work....

anyone an idea??

cheers,
-jo

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2008, 08:03:17 pm »
Hey i'm new to code blocks and i have a question.

Not sure why it has difficulties installing.. I'm using windows xp sp2 and I tried different scenarios:
1) install 1.0 rc2 download the 3 packages, and simply copy them in the codeblocks dir. however there doesn't seem to be a project template ready, and therefor i'm not able to create a new project...
2) clean install of only the 3 packages of the nightly build (simply unpack and copy to the codeblocks dir). Now it complains that i should use the --prefix to set the base data path.. however nothing seems to work....

anyone an idea??

cheers,
-jo

Make a new empty directory, then copy the files followed by extract the files into the new directory. DO NOT extract them into the RC2 folder. Note, use 7Zip to extract the files. http://www.7-zip.org/

Tim S
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:12:38 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline rhf

« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2008, 02:43:32 pm »
The debug commands are not working properly. For example, F7 does not do Next Line but ...
To follow up on my previous posts. The debug problem is NOT a CodeBlocks issue.
In the MinGW forums, it has been noted that the gcc 4.2.1 -sjlj compiler does not work properly with the latest gdb versions.   Apparently -dw2 works OK, at least it does for me.

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2008, 11:51:25 am »
That's funny, I just talked with Ceniza yesterday who is using 4.2.1-dw, and for whom it doesn't work. Strange enough, it does for me.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."