Author Topic: codeblocks crashed when closing it.  (Read 5098 times)

Offline Satervalley

• Single posting newcomer
codeblocks crashed when closing it.
« on: August 21, 2005, 10:28:15 am »
Hi, i use codeblocks for a few weeks, and I think it's a good IDE for C++ developers.
my system is simplified chinese windows xp with sp2, my codeblocks version is 1.0-rc1-1. After downloaded it, I use it to complied some simply programs and it worked fine. I changed some options to fit my habit. I find it crashed when I closed it every time. no matter with a project opened or not. the message is : AppName: codeblocks.exe    AppVer: 0.0.0.0    ModName: wxmsw242.dll
ModVer: 0.0.0.0    Offset: 000a5293

I reinstall codeblocks, the problem not disappeared.

thx for any suggestion.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: codeblocks crashed when closing it.
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2005, 05:11:33 pm »
Oh, you were the one who filed the bug report?

We need the codeblocks.rpt file that resides in your codeblocks directory. It tells us exactly what happened before the crash. (Please attach it next in the bug report you submitted).

Offline Satervalley

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2005, 06:15:32 pm »
thank u very much. I can put the file as attachment of this thread. It's not allowed me put a rpt file, so I renamed it as a txt file.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2005, 06:50:59 pm »
Just as I supposed. It's one of the nasty "crash on exit" bugs i've been working on for the last week.

You're running version RC1-1, right?

It's fixed on CVS :) You can try to compile codeblocks on your own, or wait till the next version - which I hope will be available within 4 weeks.

Orlando

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2005, 11:51:02 am »
Just as I supposed. It's one of the nasty "crash on exit" bugs i've been working on for the last week.

These bugs are always related to global variables. :P