Author Topic: WinAVR - No rule to make target `Debug'  (Read 12047 times)

Offline DDobson

• Single posting newcomer
WinAVR - No rule to make target `Debug'
« on: January 15, 2008, 01:11:19 pm »
Hi Everyone

I am haveing a problem with compileing C code on the WinAVR compiler, every time I try I get the following error message:

make.exe: *** No rule to make target `Debug'.  Stop.
Process terminated with status 2 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

The external make file I am using works correctly in another IDE that uses WinAVR so i am guessing that Code Blocks is adding in this command to try to make a target called 'Debug' (or something like that)

I have managed to get Code Blocks compiling C files in GCC successfully, just not in WinAVR

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated :)

David

Offline deadneurons

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: WinAVR - No rule to make target `Debug'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2008, 01:29:58 pm »
Try to put a check on "This is a custom makefile" in Project>Properties>ProjectSettings tab.
if it still doesn't work, you may have to go to Project>Build Options> Make Commands tab it's in the rightmost tab you need to scroll. You can change the Build target commands there. On my setup I use this:
 $make -f $makefile all and for the clean this $make -f $makefile clean.
I'm not very familiar with makefiles, but from what I gathered all & clean are just labels, so yours could be different.

Edit: I forgot to mention that the above would work if you have setup your Compiler Settings right.

..just trying to help.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2008, 01:32:29 pm by deadneurons »

Offline DDobson

• Single posting newcomer
Re: WinAVR - No rule to make target `Debug'
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2008, 03:33:20 pm »
ah ha! Altering the Build target commands worked a treat, hooray! Thank you very much for your help!

I can compile WinAVR files now - woohoo!

Cheers :D