Author Topic: Deep directory structure file names  (Read 3028 times)

Offline Wavesonics

• Multiple posting newcomer
Deep directory structure file names
« on: January 11, 2008, 08:35:12 pm »
My project has a pretty deep directory structure for the source files, so in the tabs for open files, the path from the project root is pre-pended to the filename resulting in very very long file names.

Why this sucks is, I can only see 1 or 2 tabs for open source files at a time, and I have to use the little arrows to go through and find the 1 I am looking for.

Is there an option or something to disable the path being shown? If not would any of the devs have an idea of how much of a pain this would be to implement as an option and if you guys would even want it?

If it wouldn't be a huge pain and you guys would include it I will go ahead and implement it.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Deep directory structure file names
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 08:38:43 pm »
Click Settings->Editor and in the "General settings" page look in the "Editor's title is" box.
Another thing to check is Settings->Environment->Notebooks "Use drop-down tab list".
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Wavesonics

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 09:06:18 pm »
Awesome!

Man I freaking LOVE this IDE. Thanks a million!

And that drop down option is sweet, I sorta think that should be defaulted to on, but maybe thats just me.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 09:07:54 pm by Wavesonics »

Offline Jeisson

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 09:35:19 pm »
You can press Alt+G also to find a file by name quickly. If you are used to Winamp, you will find similarity with the "Jump to file" feature :D.

I hope this helps you.
Best regards