Author Topic: The 25 february 2007 build is out.  (Read 26476 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 25 february 2007 build is out.
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:34:20 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

To fix the menu alignment bug introduced in wx 2.6.3 [windows only bug] we have patched wx ourselves, and that results in the following alternative dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26u_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2AndCbPatch_version3.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

For support of ansi builds, a link to the ansi windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw26_gcc_cb_wx2.6.3p2.7z

The 25 February 2007 build is out.
  - Windows : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070225_rev3642_win32.7z
  - Linux :
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070225_rev3642_Ubuntu6.xx.deb (not yet)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070225_rev3642_suse100-102.i586.rpm (not yet)
         http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070225_rev3642_fc4+5.i586.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• wxSmith:
    * Added toolbars
    * Switched image of root item in resource browser to wxSmith's logo
    * Strings generated by bitmap property when using wxArtProvider are now untranslated (as they should be)
    * Fixed bug in Codef function (used && instead of &)
    * Fixed small bug and small typo in string property (thx to Alturin)
    * Added few GPL headers I've forgot in new files

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)
  • menu items with icon not correctly aligned (since wx263) (is fixed with our special wx263/wx28 dll)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: The 25 february 2007 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:40:22 pm »
Oops.. wxWidgets wizard changes just missed to get into today's release.  8)
« Last Edit: February 25, 2007, 07:42:08 pm by Biplab »
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Silverling

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2007, 08:20:46 pm »
I have no projects to create!

Don't mis-interprete  :lol:

What I want to say is that at the "new project" dialog, there are no options  :shock: no projects to create, not even empty one! Anywhere. Is there a config file I need to send to help diagnose the problem?

Also, I changed my default compiler to GCC, but there are still no new projects. Ah, I use the DMD compiler by default.

Ptomaine

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2007, 08:37:32 pm »

What I want to say is that at the "new project" dialog, there are no options  :shock: no projects to create, not even empty one! Anywhere. Is there a config file I need to send to help diagnose the problem?

Also, I changed my default compiler to GCC, but there are still no new projects. Ah, I use the DMD compiler by default.

I've not that kind of problem 'cause I've built C::B from SVN. Maybe that is the compilation problem?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2007, 09:59:21 pm »

I've not that kind of problem 'cause I've built C::B from SVN. Maybe that is the compilation problem?

Verify that the plugin Scripted Wizard is activated.

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline Silverling

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2007, 11:12:49 pm »

Verify that the plugin Scripted Wizard is activated.

Tim S

:oops: that solved it.... uops...

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 04:31:03 am »
Will wx smith preview have tools inside? Right now preview window has only controls. Also will be grate to have a  menu and toollbar inside of the the controls editing window. Meanwhile - grate work, especially a separate list of tools . Little bit more contributions and a lot of people will start using that engine.
Would be grate to have: a simple function in menu which will add a new components  and captions under components on components palette.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline Russell

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:08:13 am »
I get this problem when opening a resource inside wxSmith:

<pre>
Only wxMenu items can be added into wxMenuBar
</pre>

Well, it never used to show this error before and it worked correctly
So I deleted the menu and created a new one inside wxSmith menu editor,
but apparently wxSmith does the same thing.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 01:08:48 am »
Will wx smith preview have tools inside? Right now preview window has only controls. Also will be grate to have a  menu and toollbar inside of the the controls editing window. Meanwhile - grate work, especially a separate list of tools . Little bit more contributions and a lot of people will start using that engine.
Would be grate to have: a simple function in menu which will add a new components  and captions under components on components palette.

Yup, as said in http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php/topic,3765.msg41027.html#msg41027

<pre>
</pre>

Hmm, I must have missed something. Could you send the wxMenu part from wxs / xrc ?

Regards
 BYO

Alca Isilon

« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2007, 01:45:46 am »
I hope I'm not being annoying or something by reviving this thread. (If this isn't the place for it please point me in the right direction)

Code

Hmm, I must have missed something. Could you send the wxMenu part from wxs / xrc ?
I have been having this same issue as well (tested both r4351 and r4751, in that order). It seems that creating the menubars (from scratch!) goes very well in wxSmith. Saving them also yields proper XRC files.

When loading these same XRC files I get the same error as Russel though. This error message seems to be produced in this function (src/plugins/contrib/wxSmith/wxwidgets/defitems/wxsmenubar.cpp):
Code
bool wxsMenuBar::OnCanAddChild(wxsItem* Item,bool ShowMessage)

When adding some debug code at that place to find out the value of "Item->GetInfo().ClassName" I find out that it somehow thinks the ClassName to be "Custom". Now I wouldn't know where it gets that from, but definitly not from the XRC files (yes I searched them for it, just to be sure). So I'm thinking that somehow something goes wrong in the XML parser or the code that gets invoked by it.

Anyway, attached I've got two XRC files which both fail to open properly. One of them (_mainframe.xrc) is a stripped down XRC file of a window for an open source project I'm working on (map editor for open source game Warzone 2100). The other (menutest.xrc) is a minimal test case which yields the same result.

PS: I had to rename them to have a .txt extension since apparently this board doesn't like .xrc extensions.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2007, 10:59:40 am »
Should work now (rev 4754). Tkanks for reporting.
And good luck with the editor (I like the game very much :) ).

Regards
   BYO

BTW. In case of such problems it would be better to start new forum thread - this one is few months old so I got little bit confused at the beginning.

Alca Isilon

« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2007, 12:45:08 pm »
Should work now (rev 4754). Tkanks for reporting.
And good luck with the editor (I like the game very much :) ).
Thank you for fixing it, it works (seemingly) flawless now. Now I can continue porting the editor to wxWidgets & OpenGL (was originally written in MFC & DirectX).

BTW. In case of such problems it would be better to start new forum thread - this one is few months old so I got little bit confused at the beginning.
Sure, I will do such a next time.

Offline zortich

« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2007, 10:35:31 pm »
I tried to build CodeBlocks under FreeBSD 6.2?. And I have got #error "<malloc.h> has been replaced by <stdlib.h>" 
How It can be fixed?

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2007, 12:42:16 am »
I tried to build CodeBlocks under FreeBSD 6.2?. And I have got #error "<malloc.h> has been replaced by <stdlib.h>" 
How It can be fixed?

Try this patch

Code
Index: src/include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h
===================================================================
--- src/include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h (revision 4759)
+++ src/include/scripting/sqplus/sqplus.h (working copy)
@@ -15,7 +15,11 @@
 #ifdef __APPLE__
   #include <malloc/malloc.h>
 #else
-  #include <malloc.h>
+  #ifdef __FreeBSD__
+    #include <stdlib.h>
+  #else
+    #include <malloc.h>
+  #endif
 #endif
 #include <memory.h>
 #if defined(_MSC_VER) || defined(__BORLANDC__)
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline witcher

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #14 on: January 01, 2008, 07:02:14 pm »
When I tries to build code::blocks under OpenBSD 4.2. I have such errors. How they can be fixed.

Code
app.o(.text+0x27a3): In function `CodeBlocksApp::ParseCmdLine(MainFrame*)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:947: undefined reference to `TextCtrlLogger::TextCtrlLogger(bool)'
app.o(.text+0x27b4):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:947: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
app.o(.text+0x27bc):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:947: undefined reference to `LogManager::SetLog(Logger*, int)'
app.o(.text+0x29f3):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:951: undefined reference to `TextCtrlLogger::TextCtrlLogger(bool)'
app.o(.text+0x2a04):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:951: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
app.o(.text+0x2a0c):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:951: undefined reference to `LogManager::SetLog(Logger*, int)'
app.o(.text+0x2a6e): In function `CodeBlocksApp::ParseCmdLine(MainFrame*)':
./logger.h:32: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
app.o(.text+0x2a76):./logger.h:32: undefined reference to `LogManager::SetLog(Logger*, int)'
app.o(.text+0x3522): In function `CodeBlocksApp::OnInit()':
./pluginmanager.h:123: undefined reference to `PluginManager::s_SafeMode'
app.o(.text+0x4190): In function `CodeBlocksApp::OnInit()':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/app.cpp:578: undefined reference to `ProjectManager::WorkspaceChanged()'
app.o(.text+0x4576): In function `CodeBlocksApp::OnInit()':
./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
infopane.o(.text+0x1c72): In function `InfoPane::DeleteLogger(Logger*)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/infopane.cpp:237: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
infopane.o(.text+0x1c7a):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/infopane.cpp:237: undefined reference to `LogManager::FindIndex(Logger*)'
infopane.o(.text+0x1c94):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/infopane.cpp:239: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
infopane.o(.text+0x1c9c):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/infopane.cpp:239: undefined reference to `LogManager::DeleteLog(int)'
main.o(.text+0x658): In function `MainFrame::SetupGUILogging()':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:678: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x94b):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:692: undefined reference to `LogManager::Slot(int)'
main.o(.text+0x954):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:692: undefined reference to `LogSlot::GetLogger() const'
main.o(.text+0x980):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:693: undefined reference to `LogManager::Slot(int)'
main.o(.text+0x995):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:693: undefined reference to `LogManager::Slot(int)'
main.o(.text+0x9ac):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:693: undefined reference to `LogManager::Slot(int)'
main.o(.text+0x9b5):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:693: undefined reference to `LogSlot::GetLogger() const'
main.o(.text+0xe0b):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:705: undefined reference to `LogManager::SetLog(Logger*, int)'
main.o(.text+0xe2a):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:705: undefined reference to `LogManager::SetLog(Logger*, int)'
main.o(.text+0xe3b):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:709: undefined reference to `LogManager::NotifyUpdate()'
main.o(.text+0x1a5a): In function `MainFrame::RunStartupScripts()':
./logmanager.h:99: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x1b36):./logmanager.h:99: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x1e4b): In function `MainFrame::ScanForPlugins()':
./logmanager.h:98: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x1f0a):./logmanager.h:98: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x1fa1):./logmanager.h:98: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x6c43):./logmanager.h:104: more undefined references to `Manager::GetLogManager() const' follow
main.o(.text+0x12329): In function `MainFrame::OnSettingsEnvironment(wxCommandEvent&)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:3759: undefined reference to `LogManager::NotifyUpdate()'
main.o(.text+0x1313f): In function `MainFrame::RegisterEvents()':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:579: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13172):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:581: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x131a5):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:582: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x131d8):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:583: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x1320b):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:584: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x1323e):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:585: more undefined references to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)' follow
main.o(.text+0x13328): In function `MainFrame::RegisterEvents()':
./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksDockEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13373):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksDockEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x133be):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksDockEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13409):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksDockEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x1343d):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksDockEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13470): In function `MainFrame::RegisterEvents()':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:596: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x134a3):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:597: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x134d6):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:598: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13509):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:599: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13541): In function `MainFrame::RegisterEvents()':
./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_QUERY_VIEW_LAYOUT'
main.o(.text+0x13549):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLayoutEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13580):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLayoutEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x135cc):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_ADD_LOG_WINDOW'
main.o(.text+0x135d4):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13617):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_REMOVE_LOG_WINDOW'
main.o(.text+0x1361f):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13662):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_SWITCH_TO_LOG_WINDOW'
main.o(.text+0x1366a):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x136ad):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_SHOW_LOG_MANAGER'
main.o(.text+0x136b5):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x136f8):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_HIDE_LOG_MANAGER'
main.o(.text+0x13700):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13743):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_LOCK_LOG_MANAGER'
main.o(.text+0x1374b):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13777):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `cbEVT_UNLOCK_LOG_MANAGER'
main.o(.text+0x1377f):./cbfunctor.h:27: undefined reference to `Manager::RegisterEventSink(int, IEventFunctorBase<CodeBlocksLogEvent>*)'
main.o(.text+0x13b36): In function `MainFrame::OnApplicationClose(wxCloseEvent&)':
./logmanager.h:104: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x168c9): In function `MainFrame::CreateIDE()':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:653: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x16f82): In function `MainFrame::OnRequestHideDockWindow(CodeBlocksDockEvent&)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:3922: undefined reference to `Manager::ProcessEvent(CodeBlocksDockEvent&)'
main.o(.text+0x1722a): In function `MainFrame::OnRequestShowDockWindow(CodeBlocksDockEvent&)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:3912: undefined reference to `Manager::ProcessEvent(CodeBlocksDockEvent&)'
main.o(.text+0x179b6): In function `MainFrame::LoadViewLayout(wxString const&)':
./sdk_events.h:148: undefined reference to `vtable for CodeBlocksLayoutEvent'
main.o(.text+0x17a19): In function `MainFrame::LoadViewLayout(wxString const&)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:1202: undefined reference to `Manager::ProcessEvent(CodeBlocksLayoutEvent&)'
main.o(.text+0x17a1f):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:1200: undefined reference to `vtable for CodeBlocksLayoutEvent'
main.o(.text+0x17d3d):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:1200: undefined reference to `vtable for CodeBlocksLayoutEvent'
main.o(.text+0x1b112): In function `MainFrame::MainFrame(wxWindow*)':
main.o(.text+0x1bf0a): In function `MainFrame::MainFrame(wxWindow*)':
main.o(.text+0x1c50b): In function `MainFrame::OnAddLogWindow(CodeBlocksLogEvent&)':
/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:3958: undefined reference to `Manager::GetLogManager() const'
main.o(.text+0x1c513):/usr/codeblocks/src/src/main.cpp:3958: undefined reference to `LogManager::NotifyUpdate()'
splashscreen.o(.text+0x302): In function `cbSplashScreen::DoPaint(wxDC&)':
../../src/include/pluginmanager.h:124: undefined reference to `PluginManager::s_SafeMode'
startherepage.o(.text+0xa71): In function `StartHerePage::StartHerePage(wxEvtHandler*, wxWindow*)':
./pluginmanager.h:124: undefined reference to `PluginManager::s_SafeMode'
startherepage.o(.text+0x1365): In function `StartHerePage::StartHerePage(wxEvtHandler*, wxWindow*)':
./pluginmanager.h:124: undefined reference to `PluginManager::s_SafeMode'
*** Error code 1