Author Topic: Standalone wxSmith  (Read 5665 times)

Offline Locus

• Single posting newcomer
Standalone wxSmith
« on: November 24, 2007, 11:41:54 am »
Hi, I would appreciate a standalone version of wxSmith, without entire Code::Blocks.
I create GUI in C::B, but I code in Visual Studio, and they both try to manage my source files...
I consider wxSmith the best GUI designer for wxWidgets!

Don't you developers want to create standalone wxSmith distribution?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 24, 2007, 11:43:49 am by Locus »

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
Re: Standalone wxSmith
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:44 pm »
Hi, I would appreciate a standalone version of wxSmith, without entire Code::Blocks.
I create GUI in C::B, but I code in Visual Studio, and they both try to manage my source files...
I consider wxSmith the best GUI designer for wxWidgets!

Don't you developers want to create standalone wxSmith distribution?

Thanks

Standalone wxSmith could be a problem since it was developped as C::B plugin from the very beginning and it uses C::B sdk as base for it's own code. So currently standalone version is not planned.

The only quick solution for the problem I could suggest is to create small C::B project with resources (and their source files) only. And as long as you don't open cpp/h file in C::B editor, changes made in resources will be written directly into files so Visual Studio will detect such change and may automatically reload files. IT would only require you to save files in VS before any change to resources.

One can also create libraries emulating C::B sdk but that may be work for few weeks.

And some other solution is to switch entirely to C::B ;)

Regards
   BYO