User forums > Using Code::Blocks

Codeblocks on CoLinux! (Ubuntu 5.04 Hoary)

(1/2) > >>

rickg22:
Hey guys! I finally did it! Altho I couldn't start the darn Gnome desktop, I managed to configure my Ubuntu 5.04 partition to be used by coLinux.

Using XMing (commandline: xming -ac -clipboard -multiwindow" ) and the instructions specified in the CoLinux wiki, I managed to run Windows Codeblocks and Linux Codeblocks at the same time! :D

Look!

[attachment deleted by admin]

grv575:
Did you use the supplied co-linux kernel or a ubuntu one?  I can't figure out how to use an LFS vmlinux.   Compiles OK but vmlinux is 6MB whereas the supplied one is 2.5MB.   Not sure if that makes a difference or whether they're using a custom patched kernel to setup things like the cobd devices etc.  Would be nice if this worked with custom kernels and not just the one they supply.

rickg22:
I installed a dual-boot, and then converted the Linux according to the coLinux wiki, in the section "Converting Distributions".

It's just a matter of adding some devices, editing the gdm.conf and installing XMing on your MS-Windows. Oh yeah. The adding of the hard disks can be VERY tricky if you've partitioned your drive more than once. My Linux partition, even if it's just the 3rd, gets stored in the partition table as the partition #28 :shock:. Took me a while to find it by trial and error :-P

grv575:
dmdiag.exe from MS.

grv575:
cool, xming is a little bit tricky to get setup (editing xdm config files) but works nice.  got kde under windows now :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version