Author Topic: DEBUGGING DOESNT WORK --VISUAL STUDIO 2005 just in time DEBUGGER TAKES OVER  (Read 5301 times)

jobin007007

Hi all,

I'm trying to debug a program. the gdb.exe file is set up as a debugger.

I select the option build and run( and i want codeblocks to debug the program because there is an error somewhere in the program and i want to find it)

.My problem is that i installed visual studio 2005 and everytime i select build and run, visual studio 2005 just-in-time debugging catches the exception.

i disabled the visual studio runtime debug but now..it says" no installed deubugger has just in time debuggin enable" just-in-time debugging can be enabled from tools/options/debugging/just-in-time.

How do i fix this? The regular debugger works...i.e if i compile and setup breakpoints it works but i want to catch exceptions..that doesnt work

Please help.Thanks

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
I select the option build and run( and i want codeblocks to debug the program because there is an error somewhere in the program and i want to find it)
Then why don't you select the option "Debug", instead of "Build & Run"?
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)