Author Topic: Manager GUI  (Read 6561 times)

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
Manager GUI
« on: August 11, 2005, 11:42:38 pm »
Now that CB has tabs, do we really need the 'opened files' portion anymore? IMO, it would work out better to nuke it, and have the symbols occupy that space. If needed, the files that are currently opened can be set to bold bold in the workspace view.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: Manager GUI
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2005, 12:41:24 am »
That's why you can disable it on-demand :-)

Anyway, searching for an open file is something really hard with that one-line notebook, and searching for them among the extra-large project file is exhausting. That's why I like the files list. I can just click on it, and voila!.

Anyway I have some plans for that. For example, I want to be able to choose the icon whether the file is a source file, a form (resource), or who knows - an bitmap, maybe?

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2005, 01:21:50 am »
Yes, but disabling it is different then being able to see the workspace and symbols at the same time. I always have to switch between them. Perhaps combine all 3 into 1 tab then?

Like:
Symbols
Workspace
Files

So the tabs won't expand to more rows to show more opened files then?
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2005, 01:45:58 am »
Ah, so your intention is another... please submit a feature request :)

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2005, 09:10:41 am »
So the tabs won't expand to more rows to show more opened files then?
No, they don't. WxWidgets does have an option for it, I believe, but it only has an effect on Windows as it's a feature of the native win32 tab widget but not of that of GTK apparently.

(a quick lookup later) Yep, according to this page if you pass the wxNB_MULTILINE (Windows only) flag to SetWindowStyle of a wxNotebook there can be multiple rows of tabs.