Author Topic: wxPropGrid  (Read 4678 times)

Offline killua

• Multiple posting newcomer
wxPropGrid
« on: October 03, 2007, 04:06:43 pm »
I was wondering if you guys would be willing to update your wxPropertyGrid code in your source tree?  I recently started using the latest version of it, and I was having conflicts with the version in your source tree.

Online stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: wxPropGrid
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 04:15:12 pm »
What version are you using?
Did you upgrade your version of Code::Blocks?
Did wxSmith still work right?

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline killua

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 04:49:53 pm »
What version are you using?
Did you upgrade your version of Code::Blocks?
Did wxSmith still work right?

Tim S

I'm using the latest version from here

I've been compiling Code::Blocks from source since the beginning and this is where the problem arises.  If I were to use the binary distributed builds, I doubt I would have any problems.

wxSmith, I'll get back to you on that.  I just finished a distclean, and am re-doing a make to see whether it works or not.

[edit]Update: wxSmith didn't work.  It crashed upon attempting to open a .wxs file.

I suppose with that in mind, how would one go about leaving Code::Blocks source tree alone, while still using the latest wxPropGrid?  I imagine something similar could have been brought up with wxAUI.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 05:20:45 pm by killua »

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2007, 07:27:25 pm »
We don't use wxPropertyGrid in Code::Blocks.
This class is only used within wxSmith, so please discuss all issues relating to it with Byo. It's up to him to decide if updating to another version is ok.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 07:28:59 pm by thomas »
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2007, 10:07:26 pm »
wxSmith need some update to adopt new wxPropertyGrid (it currently needs compatibility with 1.0 flag to be set IIRC). wxSmith surely needs an update but I haven't found time to do so. But I'm ready to help if someone would like to help with this job.

BYO

Offline killua

« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 01:54:29 pm »
I'll have a bit of spare time this fall since the anime season isn't interesting me all that much.  I'll start by reviewing some of the code right now and then see if I can do it myself.

Offline byo

• Plugin developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 07:28:38 pm »
Ok, if I could give some hint - almost everthing related to wxPropGrid is put inside wxSmith/properties and wxSmith/wxwidgets/properties dirs :)

BYO

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2007, 07:42:43 pm »
If you spend the time to make a patch for wxSmith to work with another version of wxPropertyGrid, please assume the sources of wxPropertyGrid under wxSmith's directory tree.
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."