Author Topic: Which version of CB to use  (Read 3432 times)

metalmidget

Which version of CB to use
« on: September 19, 2007, 11:05:14 am »
Hi. I read up on CB's unusual version/release situation, and I was wondering which version I should use. I'm just beginning in C++ so I'm obviously not interested in downloading the latest nightly build all the time, but seeing as the last 'official' release seems to be a bad option, which version should I use?
Is there a recent nightly build that's a bit of a 'landmark', and is stable and good that I could use?
I didn't want to just go for the most recent version in case there was something particularly wrong with it.
cheers
metal

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Which version of CB to use
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2007, 11:39:57 am »
Hi. I read up on CB's unusual version/release situation, and I was wondering which version I should use. I'm just beginning in C++ so I'm obviously not interested in downloading the latest nightly build all the time, but seeing as the last 'official' release seems to be a bad option, which version should I use?
Is there a recent nightly build that's a bit of a 'landmark', and is stable and good that I could use?
I didn't want to just go for the most recent version in case there was something particularly wrong with it.
cheers
metal

You may consider any of the latest nightly to be stable enough to begin with. If you don't want to upgrade your C::B every day then you can do as follows. :)

1) Pick up the last nightly.
2) If you're facing no problem with it, just keep it installed.
3) In case you face some crash or any other bug, upgrade to another latest nightly. Or upgrade after few weeks/months.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

metalmidget

Re: Which version of CB to use
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2007, 02:02:13 pm »
Cheers, thats exactly what I wanted to know.