User forums > Help

Won't compile! Help!!!

(1/2) > >>

Zeus:
Omg when I go to compile....it only works when I have a project open. If I go to compile a program under "Opened Files" all the compile options are greyed out except; "Compile Current File" "Errors --> Clear All Errors" and "Compile Options". When I click "Compile current file" , it gives me an error saying

--- Quote ---cl.exe /nologo   /c "C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\prog.cpp" /Fo"C:\Program Files\CodeBlocks\prog.obj"
Command execution failed...

--- End quote ---

But when I have a project open, I can compile it just fine (except when there's bugs...and if anyone can tell me where the debugger is for Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 is that would be much appreciated). It's very weird. So again

Here's the problem in a nutshell for anyone who didn't feel like reading what I posted above..

The program won't compile unless I have it inside of an opened project.

Please help, and thank you all

grv575:
command execution failed usually means it can't find the executable.  make sure cl.exe is in the PATH or the directories CB searches (check compile->compiler options->programs->additional paths).

Zeus:
thanks for the response

yes cl.exe is the path for the C and C++ compiler option boxes...

here's a pic

grv575:
OK, you're right I get the same behavior.  The compiler paths aren't used if the source file doesn't belong to a project.  I'd submit a bug if one hasn't been submitted already.

rickg22:

--- Quote from: grv575 on August 08, 2005, 04:34:09 am ---OK, you're right I get the same behavior.  The compiler paths aren't used if the source file doesn't belong to a project.  I'd submit a bug if one hasn't been submitted already.

--- End quote ---

Please do, the "compile single file" option was implemented in the last minute, so it needs a lot of work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version