Author Topic: Code::Blocks IDE disables mouse settings  (Read 6656 times)

Orlando

Code::Blocks IDE disables mouse settings
« on: August 07, 2005, 10:43:21 pm »
When I move with the mouse over the Code::Blocks IDE the mouse settings (Logitech) seem to be 'disabled': The mouse pointer suddenly moves very slow without acceleration. I've installed literally hundreds of programs on this PC but never encountered a similar effect.   :cry: 

takeshimiya

Re: Code::Blocks IDE disables mouse settings
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2005, 11:14:19 pm »
Try with wyoeditor first:
http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wyoguide/wyoeditor_2.3.2.zip

to know if it's a wxWidgets/Scintilla bug or Code::Blocks bug.

Orlando

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 07:50:16 pm »
Try with wyoeditor first:
to know if it's a wxWidgets/Scintilla bug or Code::Blocks bug.

I tried Wyoeditor 2.3.2 and the error did not occur. Do you consume WM_MOUSEMOVE messages somewhere?

Maxx

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2005, 12:41:35 am »
The same here. My problem mainly is that the thumb button (configured for double-clicks) does not work. But it's even more strange. After a fresh restart, the extended mouse functions provided by the logitech drivers do not work. No matter how often I restart codeblocks, the mouse does not function properly. But if I start some other applications and then codeblocks again, with some luck, the mouse works as expected.

Out of curiosity I decided to compile codeblocks myself and the resulting program does not seem to have this problem, but unfortunately when I try to access the compiler options, it crashes (wxWidgets 2.6.2/mingw-special gcc 3.4.2). If I start my own compiled codeblocks, close it and than start the downloaded version, the bug mostly disappears. When I close and start it again, the bug re-appears. If I close it again and start any other application that has no yet run on my PC, than this window seems to have this bug too!? This can not always be reproduced, but often enough!

I really have no clue how this can happen, but I didn't smoke anything, it's happening here :!:
Maybe this is somehow related to the dlls that logitech automatically hooks into every process?

C:\system\logitech\MouseWare\System\LgWndHk.dll
C:\Programme\Gemeinsame Dateien\Logitech\Scrolling\LgMsgHk.dll
C:\system\logitech\iTouch\iTchHk.dll

Maybe someone else has a clue? If you need more information, I'm glad to provide them!

thxs and greets, Maxx

Edit: Downloaded a cvs binary snapshot from http://gda.utp.edu.co/~ceniza/CodeBlocks/ (20051012)  and that version works perfectly so far, so for me the problem is fixed :-)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2005, 01:29:17 am by Maxx »

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2005, 02:59:29 am »
I wonder if that's a problem solved in wxWidgets 2.6.x somewhere. Anyway, good to know you'ren't having it now.

Maybe you compiled an older version of Code::Blocks with wxWidgets 2.6.2 which happens to crash? My 20051012 snapshot was compiled with the sources in CVS up to that date, wxWidgets 2.6.2 and GCC 3.4.4 (MinGW).

I just hope RC2 don't have those problems, but it'll be compiled with wxWidgets 2.6.1 for sure due to some little issues with 2.6.2.

Maxx

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2005, 03:53:48 am »
I used the sources of 1.0-RC1-1. Don't know if that caused the problem, didn't look very deep into it since your snapshot is running fine. Will test rc2 when it comes out and report back. Anyway, thxs for this fine IDE!