Author Topic: Compile errors -SVN r4420 on Kubuntu feisty  (Read 6381 times)

Offline gghelli

• Single posting newcomer
Compile errors -SVN r4420 on Kubuntu feisty
« on: September 01, 2007, 08:45:46 pm »
Hello everybody,
I'm trying to compile CB on Kubuntu feisty with wxWdgets 2.8.4 installed from apt.tt-solutions.com, CB source from svn, and g++ v.4.1.2 following the instructions found in the wiki. After correctly running configure when compiling I get the following errors:

Code
 g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -pthread -I../../../src/include/wxscintilla/include -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/include/tinyxml -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT tinywxuni.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tinywxuni.Tpo -c tinywxuni.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/tinywxuni.o
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h: In constructor 'wxBusyCursorSuspender::wxBusyCursorSuspender()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:65: error: 'wxIsBusy' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:67: error: 'wxBusyCursor' has not been declared
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:67: error: 'wxSetCursor' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h: In destructor 'wxBusyCursorSuspender::~wxBusyCursorSuspender()':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:72: error: 'wxIsBusy' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:74: error: 'wxBusyCursor' has not been declared
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/cursor.h:74: error: 'wxSetCursor' was not declared in this scope
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h: In member function 'bool wxRegionBase::Intersect(const wxRect&)':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h:251: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct wxRegion'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h:38: error: forward declaration of 'struct wxRegion'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h: In member function 'bool wxRegionBase::Subtract(const wxRect&)':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h:256: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct wxRegion'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/gdicmn.h:38: error: forward declaration of 'struct wxRegion'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h: In member function 'bool wxRegionBase::Xor(const wxRect&)':
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/region.h:261: error: invalid use of undefined type 'struct wxRegion'
/usr/include/wx-2.8/wx/window.h: At global scope:

Can anybody help me? Thank you

Gianluca

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Compile errors -SVN r4420 on Kubuntu feisty
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 05:53:04 am »
You forgot to install the devel packages (They contain wx headers). I don't remember the exact name, but they will end with -devel word. That will solve your problem.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline gghelli

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 09:36:41 am »
I don't think this is the case, I've installed the following packages (all version 2.8.4.0-0):

wx2.8-headers
libwxbase2.8-0
ibwxbase2.8-dev
libwxgtk2.8-0
libwxgtk2.8-dev
wx2.8-i18n

I've alse checked the actual presence of the include files in the include path, in fact there's no error message complaining about missing header files.
I need to compile codeblocks myself because I wan't to use the QTWorkbench plugin, otherwise I would use a deb distribution.
Thank you

Gianluca

PS: the kubuntu installation is a clean one with all updates installed.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 09:45:38 am »
g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../../../src/include -I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-unicode-release-2.8 -I/usr/include/wx-2.8 -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGE_FILES -DwxUSE_GUI=0 -pthread -I../../../src/include/wxscintilla/include -I../../../src/include -I../../../src/include/tinyxml -Ulinux -Uunix -O2 -ffast-math -g -O2 -DCB_PRECOMP -Winvalid-pch -fPIC -DPIC -fexceptions -MT tinywxuni.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/tinywxuni.Tpo -c tinywxuni.cpp  -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/tinywxuni.o

Set the highlighted define to -DwxUSE_GUI=1
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline gghelli

« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 10:25:12 am »
I solved the problem, I had to run the following command;

sudo update-alternatives --config wx-config

and I choose the wx-config package from wxgtk2.8-dev instead of wxbase2.8-dev, now it doesn't even define wxUSE_GUI.

Thank you for your help

Gianluca