Author Topic: Building any revision from svn shows as rev zero  (Read 3081 times)

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
Building any revision from svn shows as rev zero
« on: August 26, 2007, 03:22:54 am »
I had been away from coding for awhile and the last SVN I had on my system was 3505.  I decided to update my repo folder and everything compiled fine.  I ran update.bat and when i opened the new executable the splash screen was reading as  revision zero.   The compiler string correctly identified as mingw 3.4.5 so im not sure what is happening.

My first assumption was that there was some incompatibility with using such an old copy of C::B to build the new copy.  So i deleted my old edition and the newly built one and downloaded the nightly rev 4405.  I made sure the 'devel' directory was cleaned and did a fresh build.  Same end result.

I noticed that during compilation of 'sdk'  build target a small message displays saying svn is not recognized as an external co mmand.  I  _DO_  have my system path set to include the bin directory of svn so Im not quite sure about that issue.  To be honest that particular warning has ALWAYS showed up on my system so I doubt its the cause.

Searching the forums for  'svn revision zero'  turns up no articles on this topic so I'm asking here.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: Building any revision from svn shows as rev zero
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 06:12:54 am »
The autorevision.exe code was changed sometimes back. Earlier autorevision.exe used to find out the revision number using a fallback code in case svn.exe was not found. But the latest code doesn't have that fallback code and now solely dependent on svn.exe.

So in short, if autorevision can't execute svn, the revision number will be displayed as zero. Please check your path again and download a latest copy of svn.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Seronis

• Almost regular
Re: Building any revision from svn shows as rev zero
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2007, 05:29:39 pm »
Something got mixed up in my WinXP path.  I deleted the extra paths and added them back in (literally cut/paste, no manual typing) and it started working.  Maybe there was some non visible character stuck in the path.  Kinda baffeled but I figured it wasnt C::B's fault.

Regardless, it works now.  I'm happy =-)