User forums > Using Code::Blocks

windres / OGRE

(1/2) > >>

evolutional:
I'm *still* having issues with windres when compiling the OGRE Win32 Platform manager. I've followed all the info I found searching the forum (eg: changing the parameter from -J to -I) but I'm still getting errors...

The resource will semi compile if I remove the include path directive (I kept getting weird messages about C:\MinGW\include being an unrecognised format, even when explicitly passing it as an include directory). The latest error (after hard pathing things like resource.h, etc) is:-

--- Quote ---Compiling: ..\misc\OgreWin32Resources.rc
windres.exe: ../misc/OgreWin32Resources.rc:99: parse error
--- End quote ---

Line 99 looks like:   
--- Code: --- CONTROL         106,IDC_STATIC,"Static",SS_BITMAP,0,0,327,140
--- End code ---

When I remove that line, it compiles but crashes code::blocks on linking.

It's pretty bizarre, to say the least ^^

Any ideas from people who've compiled OGRE with GCC 4.x under C::B 1.0 final beta?

rickg22:
Hmmm it seems your windres is outdated. At least it appears so.

Also, GCC 4.0 is VERY UNSTABLE. Not recommended.

tiwag:
i've not compiled ogre, but i had a few occurrences when porting code, which was originally written for M$-compilers, to MinGW, that IDC_STATIC was never defined anywhere in the sourcecode
because M$ seems to define it somewhere in the deep hell of their windows headers.

set it simply to zero -> #define IDC_STATIC 0

be sure, that all identifiers are defined or #define it yourself !

evolutional:

--- Quote ---set it simply to zero -> #define IDC_STATIC 0
--- End quote ---

Thanks, I'll give that a try :)

--- Quote ---Hmmm it seems your windres is outdated. At least it appears so.
--- End quote ---

I'm not so sure, it's from the latest release of MinGW. I'll have to have a look to confirm though

--- Quote ---Also, GCC 4.0 is VERY UNSTABLE. Not recommended.
--- End quote ---

Is it? I can't say I've had any problems with it at all until this, and this is a windres issue. Bizarre!

evolutional:
Ok I tried a newer version of windres and it killed the errors... the main issue now is the crash that kills C::B. I'm using the old GCC 3 series compiler and it's still happening...

Here's a screengrab of the error:

It seems to be when the Win32PlatformManager is being built...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version