Author Topic: Strange Error when linking codeblocks.exe (on solaris)  (Read 5150 times)

humml

Strange Error when linking codeblocks.exe (on solaris)
« on: August 04, 2005, 10:48:49 am »
Good Morning!

I'm currently trying to build Code::Blocks on Sparc Solaris 9.
Having wxGTK-2.4.2 accidentally linked against gtk-1.2 I managed to build CodeBlocks two weeks ago.
But of course it had been crashing above all...
Now having linked wxGTK-2.4.2 against gtk+-2.4.4 I'm getting this strange Error when linking codeblocks.exe:

( g++ -Ldevel -Lsdk/tinyxml -L/usr/lib -o devel/codeblocks.exe .objs/src/app.o .objs/src/dlgabout.o .objs/src/dlgaboutplugin.o .objs/src/environmentsettingsdlg.o .objs/src/impexpconfig.o .objs/src/main.o .objs/src/prefix.o .objs/src/printdlg.o .objs/src/startherepage.o   `wx-config --libs`  -lcodeblocks -lwx_gtk2_xrc-2.4 -lwx_gtk2_stc-2.4   -mwindows )

/usr/local/binutils/bin/ld: devel/libcodeblocks.so: _etext: invalid version 27093 (max 0)
devel/libcodeblocks.so: could not read symbols: Bad value
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [devel/codeblocks.exe] Error 1

Unfortunately this doesn't tell me anything : o )

Hoping for help
humml

Ps I've tried to build both the cvs version and the rc1. And wxGTK is configured like this:
        ./configure  --prefix=/usr/local/test --with-gtk --with-gtk-prefix=/usr/local/gtk+-2.4.4
         --enable-gtk2 --x-includes=/usr/local/X11R6.8.2/include --x-libraries=/usr/local/X11R6.8.2/lib

Bjoernt

Re: Strange Error when linking codeblocks.exe (on solaris)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2005, 11:36:53 pm »
Hmm, I'm really confused about your -mwindows which tells the linker to link windows libraries against the object file and generate win32 gui startup code.
I assume this is not you intention :-)

Did you use Makefile.unix ?

Just try to remove the -mwindows and compile again.