Author Topic: Access Violation on close  (Read 19101 times)

Beta

Access Violation on close
« on: December 29, 2004, 01:38:34 am »
Hi,

If I close the IDE while "Symbols" tab or "Watches" tab get actives, It crashs. Does anybody experimented with this problem?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2004, 09:17:45 am »
Hmm, when did that creep in?
Thanx for pointing it out. I 'll try to fix it before the next release.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Similar problem
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2005, 10:30:09 pm »
Hello!

At first of all I would like to thank you for developing this nice IDE. I've been searching for such an IDE for long time ago.

I have 2 problems:

1. I encountered that crash problem, when closing the IDE. If I do 2 times consecutively the rebuild process, and I close the application it will crash at offset: 001386aa

2. I have installed the MSVC++ Toolkit 2003, and the mingw32-make utility, and I set at build options the VC++ Toolkit compiler, but I did not managed to compile a simple source code.
It keeps me saying this:
Code
Project   : Hello
Compiler  : Visual C++ Toolkit
Directory : C:\Temp\
Command execution failed...

What did I wrong?

Balint

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2005, 11:16:47 pm »
Try adding the path to mingw32-make.exe, to the PATH environment variable (or copy mingw32-make.exe to the bin directory of the MSVC installation). This will be corrected in future updates...

Yiannis,
Be patient!

Balint

Still some problem
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2005, 11:30:10 pm »
I added the PATH to mingw32-make, but I'm still not able to compile the program. I get the folowing output:
Code
Compiler  : Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003
rm -f hello.exe .objs/main.o  
process_begin: CreateProcess((null), rm -f hello.exe .objs/main.o, ...) failed.
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [clean_default] Error 2
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Meantime I installed the MinGW3.2.0 package.  I tried to compile with that compiler, but I got the following output:
Code
Compiler  : MinGW Compiler Suite
make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
mingw32-make.exe: *** [clean_default] Error 2
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 0 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

It's the same. Should I change RM to "RM=del /f"?

Offline AkiraDev

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2005, 05:49:24 am »
I think the problem with cleaning is that the program appears to be using '/' instead of '\' in the filename paths. It seems to be a simple wxFileName formatting issue.
Also, newer versions of MinGW no longer have the "rm" command. If you have MSys installed and in your PATH, however, that shouldn't be a problem.

I also got that "crash-on-close" issue. There's a memory leak lurking around somewhere... I would try to find it myself -- not fair that one person does all the work -- but, alas, I cannot compile Code::Blocks. Even with wxWidgets 2.4.2, MinGW always complains about wxSingleChoiceDialog being undefined...

Offline AkiraDev

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2005, 06:00:32 am »
I think the problem with cleaning is that the program appears to be using '/' instead of '\' in the filename paths. It seems to be a simple wxFileName formatting issue.
Also, newer versions of MinGW no longer have the "rm" command. If you have MSys installed and in your PATH, however, that shouldn't be a problem.

I also got that "crash-on-close" issue. There's a memory leak lurking around somewhere... I would try to find it myself -- not fair that one person does all the work -- but, alas, I cannot compile Code::Blocks. Even with wxWidgets 2.4.2, MinGW always complains about wxSingleChoiceDialog being undefined...

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2005, 09:02:38 am »

It seems that compilation fails now because you don't have the "rm" command.
"rm" is part of GNU fileutils (which you can get here for win32).
If you don't want to download it, go to "Settings/Configure plugins/Compiler", switch to the tab "Makefile variables" and change the value of RM from "rm -f" to "del /f".

I have put great effort to avoid such problems. Other programs want forward slashes, others backward slashes, others work with both kinds and others need quotes around the filenames in some of their options but not all. It's a nightmare, but I think that there is no such problem currently in Code::Blocks. I have tested all different kind of combinations, for all supported compilers, and it works great (except the BCC's ilink32 command - which I fixed in CVS).

About the crash on exit, it has to do with the managers de-initialization. I 'm really close to fixing it...
Yiannis,
Be patient!

Offline AkiraDev

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2005, 01:25:58 pm »
Thank you very much for taking the time to explain the problems, and doing so so quickly. :) I'm about to download the GNU utils, that should also definitely solve half of my problems.

bszente

Thanks
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2005, 10:42:51 pm »
Thanks for your quick help. I registered myself in this forum.

I didn't realize that I should also install MSYS.
I installed the MinGW-3.1.0-1.exe and the MSYS-1.0.10.exe package. I also set the PATH to the bin directories of these two. When I pressed the Rebuild button, the source compiled, however I got this strange output:
Compiler  : MinGW Compiler Suite
/bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
mingw32-g++.exe     -c main.cpp -o .objs/main.o
mingw32-make.exe: [.objs/main.o] Error 258 (ignored)
/bin/sh: -c: line 2: syntax error: unexpected end of file
mingw32-g++.exe  -o hello.exe   .objs/main.o    -lstdc++ -lgcc -lgdi32 -lcomdlg32 -lodbc32 -lwsock32 -lwinspool -lwinmm -lshell32 -lcomctl32 -lctl3d32 -ladvapi32 -lopengl32 -lglu32 -lole32 -loleaut32 -luuid -mwindows
mingw32-make.exe: [hello.exe] Error 258 (ignored)
Process terminated with status 0 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

What are those syntax errors, and the error 258?

Regards,
Balint