Author Topic: Embedded GDB support  (Read 16461 times)

Offline martind

• Multiple posting newcomer
Embedded GDB support
« on: July 28, 2007, 12:16:50 am »
Hi Mario,

Hope you pick this up, its in response to the last entry I made on the sticky topic (sorry about that).

Would be most interested to see your exising plugin code and wizards, as I want to (try) and make sure I am not duplicating work. I am lazy like that :)

Yes I would like to make a flash programming plugin. A friend of mine works quite closely with OpenOCD, and has added flash programming support for the new STM32 Cortex-M3 (and other ARM variants) within OpenOCD (as it supports flash programming now). So that interface could be used to program the flash through direct tcp/ip connection with OpenOCD

But I am aware there are other targets that do not use OpenOCD, where perhaps this would need to be done through a library or dll.  Maybe some sort of common flash programming API? Not had a lot to do with the tricore, but I have seen the DAS server (tantino uses it), and looks like that could do with supporting also?

So it looks like the flash programmer plugin itself needs to have a plugin mechanism!!

Will continue work on arm-elf-gdb until somebody tells me they have already done it.

Martin.

mariocup

Re: Embedded GDB support
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 12:58:20 am »
Hi martind,

find attached the source code of our debugger plugin.

We started a project for a flash programmer gui but right now we have not much time for that.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline martind

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2007, 01:11:34 pm »
Thanks Mario, have downloaded and will have a look soon.

mariocup

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2007, 01:15:19 pm »
Hi martind,

did you get my personal message? I could not send the wizards for ARM because of the file size limitation in the forum.

kiran

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 09:17:26 pm »
I tried to use C::B GDB Support for remote debugging a Coldfire target. I was using a P&E || port  BDM and Codesourcery Toolchain/gdb.

I think my code loads into the target properly by running by gdb init commands. but fails to break @ the breakpoint set at the main function.

Would be useful if the Debug log can be made more verbose  and displays all response received from gdb.

Offline Keyla

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2007, 08:18:47 am »
A GUI for the universal USBprog programmer, that would be cool :-)
I read in a topic about AVR qCs that GDB works fine if you know the right init commands. But this is another toolchain.

Offline xuedi

• Single posting newcomer
  • www.BeijingLUG.org
    • xuedi’s Carpe Diem LOG
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2009, 08:08:29 am »
Wow, i read the threads going on about the stm32 plugins, that would be a great feature for codeblocks, i live in Beijing and run a quadCopter research group ( hobby ) and it would be great to see me favorite IDE work well with stm32 mobile development like it is working already for the atmel chips ... And if there is on top some openocd integration or even gdb ... YAY

I am not good in development for CB itself (and plugins), so if i can help support by testing or just some donations, please send me a PM :-)

Cheers
xuedi

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2009, 01:54:23 pm »
I am not good in development for CB itself (and plugins), so if i can help support by testing or just some donations, please send me a PM :-)
Please do not hijack >2 year old threrads! :shock: Thanks. Topic locked.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ