Author Topic: first wxwidgets app  (Read 3470 times)

rufeo

first wxwidgets app
« on: August 14, 2007, 11:34:42 pm »
Hi,
I built wxWidgets 2.8.4 after the wx source installer completed with MSVC 2005.  I would like to use CodeBlocks and wxSmith to develop an application.  I used the new project wizard to select a wx application and all the directory and import library settings seem fine, but I am seeing linker errors.  I added a single Frame with wxSmith and tried to build the skeleton code.  How can I eliminate these errors?  Thanks!

-------------- Build: Debug in wxSmithPractice3 ---------------
wxSmithPractice3App.cpp
Linking executable: bin\Debug\wxSmithPractice3.exe
wxSmithPractice3App.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall wxAppConsole::OnAssertFailure(wchar_t const *,int,wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *)" (?OnAssertFailure@wxAppConsole@@UAEXPB_WH000@Z)
wxSmithPractice3App.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall wxAppConsole::OnAssert(wchar_t const *,int,wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *)" (?OnAssert@wxAppConsole@@UAEXPB_WH00@Z)
bin\Debug\wxSmithPractice3.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals
Process terminated with status 1120 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
3 errors, 0 warnings

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: first wxwidgets app
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2007, 11:45:44 pm »
wxSmithPractice3App.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall wxAppConsole::OnAssertFailure(wchar_t const *,int,wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *,wchar_t const *)" (?OnAssertFailure@wxAppConsole@@UAEXPB_WH000@Z)
You are most likely compiling with the WX debug flags but link against a release WX lib. Either you need to compile/use the WX debug libs, too or remove the WX debug defines from the build.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ