Author Topic: BOUNTY: Notebook class with "close" button at the right  (Read 136348 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: BOUNTY: Notebook class with "close" button at the right
« Reply #75 on: January 04, 2006, 12:39:54 am »
@Eran:
I finished converting C::B to use wxFlatNotebook for the editors.
Here's the patch with the absolutely needed changes. Review it and use it :)

Also, as a sidenote, you might want to make at least the public wxFlatNotebook functions virtual. One might want to override some of its behaviour...

(darn, all the trouble was coming from the opened files tree...)

EDIT: forgot the attachment, lol.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 04, 2006, 12:43:18 am by mandrav »
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #76 on: January 04, 2006, 01:04:44 am »

mandrav: Can you please send me the source files? instead of what you sent? (i guess it is an output of the SVN you are using, I am not familiar with it).

I am using araxis to merge the files - so just send out your files, and i will do the rest.

tiwag : I will look at the bugs you reported - tomorrow (I did noticed the first one when only one tab is visible there is no way to scroll right)

Eran

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #77 on: January 04, 2006, 01:22:09 am »
Eran, you really want to learn to use svn. Seriously, you do yourself a favour, greater than you can possibly imagine.
I have been programming without revision control for many years, and sure enough, you can do that. Occasionally you will spend an afternoon trying to undo the changes of yesterday because they don't work, and occasionally you will be searching for your backup disks in cold sweat, and sometimes you will be asking yourself when you changed a particular file, and why. But yes, it mostly works.

A revision control system such as svn makes your life a lot happier and easier by taking all these problems out of your hands (it also makes merging easier). As an allegory, think of crossing the Atlantic Ocean. You can do that in a canoo, or you can fly in a jet. Both methods work, most of the time :)

If you use TortoiseSVN (tortoisesvn.tigris.org) then doing revision control is as easy as a right-click on a folder.

A good introduction about revision control (in particular svn) works can be found here: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.1/svn-book.html
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #78 on: January 04, 2006, 01:25:46 am »

mandrav: Can you please send me the source files? instead of what you sent? (i guess it is an output of the SVN you are using, I am not familiar with it).

I am using araxis to merge the files - so just send out your files, and i will do the rest.

Sure, here are the files.
But the file I posted before is a unified diff. I 'm sure araxis merge can "apply" it to your sources.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Be patient!

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #79 on: January 04, 2006, 01:28:23 am »
Just in case: You can analyse the patch "by eye" and do the changes manually.

Example:
Code
+++ wxFlatNotebook\include\wx\wxFlatNotebook\wxFlatNotebook.h	Tue Jan 03 23:45:17 2006
@@ -104,7 +104,7 @@
  /**
  \param page - index of page to be deleted
  */
- void DeletePage(size_t page);
+ void DeletePage(size_t page, bool notify = true);

/// Deletes all notebook pages and destroys all windows associated with pages
  bool DeleteAllPages();

Thie line "+++ wxFlatNotebook...etc" says which file is to be modified.
The lines before the - and + are the context - they tell you (or the patcher) where the modification is to be found. So if you search for "param page - index of page to be deleted", you'll find the lines.

The "-   void DeletePage(size_t page);" means this line is to be replaced. The "+   void DeletePage(size_t page, bool notify = true);" is the replacement.

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #80 on: January 04, 2006, 07:43:59 am »
I am familiar with soruce controls, In fact, I am running 2 CVS servers at home ... (I have other projects as well).
And I am using TortoiseCVS as my client.

I also submitted a request to soruceforge to host my sources, in case it will accept, I will get CVS access and storage for the sources so other developers will have access instead of sending me files to do the merge.

Eran

takeshimiya

« Reply #81 on: January 04, 2006, 08:21:58 am »
I am familiar with soruce controls, In fact, I am running 2 CVS servers at home ... (I have other projects as well).

I also submitted a request to soruceforge to host my sources, in case it will accept, I will get CVS access and storage for the sources so other developers will have access instead of sending me files to do the merge.

Eran

Why don't you ask for wxCode (wxcode.sourceforge.net) hosting?

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #82 on: January 04, 2006, 09:30:02 am »
Ah sorry :)
You might still risk a look at Subversion though, it is a no-timer to learn if you know CVS, and it is way better. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #83 on: January 04, 2006, 05:35:52 pm »
darn too late :P He already requested at SF. But we can hope that SF implements SVN access soon :)

Offline eranif

• Regular
« Reply #84 on: January 04, 2006, 06:38:40 pm »
Just a quick question:

Which of the three styles that I provided are you going to choose for C::B?
Or is it going to be configurable?

Btw, I also wrote an IDE (I stopped developing it however) - I will be happy to share some of my features with you guys.
Eran

sethjackson

« Reply #85 on: January 04, 2006, 06:39:53 pm »
Just a quick question:

Btw, I also wrote an IDE (I stopped developing it however) - I will be happy to share some of my features with you guys.
Eran

I think it should be user-configureable...... I don't know that it will be..........

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #86 on: January 04, 2006, 06:51:24 pm »
I want VC71 (did I say that already? :P) but if the widget allows customization then Code::Blocks should allow the user to pick his/her favourite flavor :)

Quote from: eranif

Yeah, why not? This one, right?

I just checked the list and Code::Blocks shares most of those. "Type Info" is a nice one Code::Blocks misses, or am I the one who missed something?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #87 on: January 04, 2006, 06:52:24 pm »

It already is configurable ;)
(I will commit in a while)

Sharing is always good :lol:
Be patient!

sethjackson

« Reply #88 on: January 04, 2006, 06:54:14 pm »
It already is configurable ;)
(I will commit in a while)

Nice.  8)

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #89 on: January 04, 2006, 07:07:02 pm »
Quote from: mandrav
Sharing is always good :lol:

I bet that one isn't yours :P

Anyway, good to know you're going to commit it :)

BTW, did you try the latest version that has a first implementation of drag and drop? It seems to be working, even though you cannot drop it to a non-visible place (or I just couldn't find how).

Unfortunately some bugs still remain: if only one tab is visible, the right arrow won't work. If no tab is visible, trying to scroll will make it crash.

Oh, and don't forget it must be tested under Linux. I did already, but only the first version :P