Author Topic: The 11 July 2007 build (4261) is out.  (Read 32111 times)

mariocup

Re: The 11 July 2007 build (4261) is out.
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2007, 08:18:05 am »
Hi stahta01,

thanks  :D. With mingw 3.4.5 everything works fine.

Offline JPlaroche

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • OMBREBLEU
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2007, 10:06:52 am »

this not possible target acces button   

look  copy screen trace   
http://www.ombrebleu.com/wxsrc/target_beug_800_640.jpg
chef de projet MASTER (AS400  RPGILE  C   and SYTEM)

student c++ and wxwidgets for validation acquis (Jean-Pierre) wxformbuilder

Offline toufou

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 11:06:47 am »
I just built my .debs and the revision number is showing 4161 when I open CB, not 4261. Can't see anything on my end of things that would have probably caused it. They were also built on a fresh download of the svn files.

As your case, my Code::Blocks says that I am in rev 4161 and not 4261... freshly installed with deb Ubuntu packages.

Offline san

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2007, 01:49:38 pm »
I'm using CB on a (amost) daily basis and I really like the fact that that code completion is really starting to work now!

Still there are some points that (imho) can improve..
- Switching between open files with key combinations. For example I use control+pageup/pagedown in gnome apps.
- In most dialogs there is no control active. This means I can't use <tab> to switch options and have to grab the mouse to click browse / ok / cancel. (Annoying when you have a lot of dialogs to fill in.)
- 'Project Build Options' dialog  is too small. If you default it a bit wider then all the availible tabs are visible right away.

Btw I'm using Ubuntu 7.04 with a newer version of the wxwidgets (like a post with a previous nighty sugested).

Cheers,
San

PS. I also got 4161 revision from that .deb.. typo I guess

Offline kurapix

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2007, 02:26:49 pm »
I don't know if there is a build package script for Ubuntu but I'm currently working on a script that fetch the sources from SVN then make a .deb package (haha laziness to type in console the same commands everytime).

Version 0.1 :
- Update C::B souces (so you have already checkout)
- Put the correct revision number
- Build package
Code
#    Code::Blocks Build deb script from SVN
#                Version 0.1b

################################################################################
#                                                                              #
#    Copyright (C) 2007  Kurapix                                               #
#                                                                              #
#    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify      #
#    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by      #
#    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or         #
#    (at your option) any later version.                                       #
#    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,           #
#    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of            #
#    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the             #
#    GNU General Public License for more details.                              #
#    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License         #
#    along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.     #
################################################################################

# Go to $CB_SOURCES_PATH (which should be Code::Blocks sources directory)
cd ~/Programmes/Sources/CB/trunk

# Remove files without revision number quietly
sudo svn-clean --quiet

# Update the Code:Blocks sources from SVN
svn update
# Store revision number in variable
CB_SVN_REV=`svn --xml info | tr -d '\r\n' | sed -e 's:.*<commit.*revision="\([0-9]*\)".*<\/commit>.*:\1:'`

# Change the revision number in the changelog to the latest updated revision
sed -i "1 s:1.0svn[-rev]*[0-9]*:1.0svn-rev$CB_SVN_REV:" debian/changelog

# Launch bootstrap
./bootstrap

# Build package
debuild -us -uc
For now it is a very simple script, I'm currently working on it to add some more functinnalities (like "Choose to update to the latest revision or another revision" or "doesn't build if version to compile has already been built" for example).
I'm new to scripting but my learning and the script is going pretty well I think ;) so I might be able to do a new release in July or August.

By the way, toufou and san and the others, using the script I've done you can have the right revision number ;) .

What do you think of this script thing?

Thank you

Kurapix
Code::Blocks package building script

Offline dje

• Lives here!
« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2007, 03:10:09 pm »
It seems nice  :D

Why don't you create a new post, it is not related to this build is it ?

Dje

Offline foomaster

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2007, 03:11:49 pm »
Resolved Fixed:

• Backticked expressions in build options are now parsed for compiler/linker search dirs. Code-completion benefits greatly from this (locating files to parse, opening #include files, etc)

Does this mean that now CB CC's search depth will be improved? Because (as far as I've noticed), it's equal to 1. That is, only the first #include-d file is parsed, if the #include-d file has #include statements, they are ignored.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2007, 04:00:23 pm »
Resolved Fixed:

• Backticked expressions in build options are now parsed for compiler/linker search dirs. Code-completion benefits greatly from this (locating files to parse, opening #include files, etc)

Does this mean that now CB CC's search depth will be improved? Because (as far as I've noticed), it's equal to 1. That is, only the first #include-d file is parsed, if the #include-d file has #include statements, they are ignored.

You are wrong. No files are ignored. C::B recursively parses files.

BUT

in order to do this it must be able to locate them first :). So, this improvement will help C::B locate all files it couldn't locate until now.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

PDEE

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2007, 04:21:18 pm »
I got a crash report, it says i should report it. I was going to post it here but it says i can't because the maximum length of 20000 characters is exceeded. So where shall i put it?

Build july 11 2007, wx2.8.4 ( linux unicode ) - Ubuntu feisty 64

Offline cstudent

• Almost regular
    • Cstudent's Help Desk
« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2007, 04:42:02 pm »
I don't know if there is a build package script for Ubuntu but I'm currently working on a script that fetch the sources from SVN then make a .deb package (haha laziness to type in console the same commands everytime).

Version 0.1 :
- Update C::B souces (so you have already checkout)
- Put the correct revision number
- Build package
Code
#    Code::Blocks Build deb script from SVN
#                Version 0.1b

#    Copyright (C) 2007  Kurapix                                               #
#    This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify      #
#    it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by      #
#    the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or         #
#    (at your option) any later version.                                       #
#    This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,           #
#    but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of            #
#    MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the             #
#    GNU General Public License for more details.                              #
#    You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License         #
#    along with this program.  If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.     #

# Go to $CB_SOURCES_PATH (which should be Code::Blocks sources directory)
cd ~/Programmes/Sources/CB/trunk

# Remove files without revision number quietly
sudo svn-clean --quiet

# Update the Code:Blocks sources from SVN
svn update
# Store revision number in variable
CB_SVN_REV=`svn --xml info | tr -d '\r\n' | sed -e 's:.*<commit.*revision="\([0-9]*\)".*<\/commit>.*:\1:'`

# Change the revision number in the changelog to the latest updated revision
sed -i "1 s:1.0svn[-rev]*[0-9]*:1.0svn-rev$CB_SVN_REV:" debian/changelog

# Launch bootstrap
./bootstrap

# Build package
debuild -us -uc
For now it is a very simple script, I'm currently working on it to add some more functinnalities (like "Choose to update to the latest revision or another revision" or "doesn't build if version to compile has already been built" for example).
I'm new to scripting but my learning and the script is going pretty well I think ;) so I might be able to do a new release in July or August.

By the way, toufou and san and the others, using the script I've done you can have the right revision number ;) .

What do you think of this script thing?

Thank you

Kurapix

I tried out a script when I first started building the .debs for Codeblocks. It worked OK until one time when I had connection troubles with Berlios. I found that it is more reliable to manually go through each step. I try my best to make sure that what I upload is as reliable and safe for the end user as I can make it.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2007, 04:44:00 pm »
I got a crash report, it says i should report it. I was going to post it here but it says i can't because the maximum length of 20000 characters is exceeded. So where shall i put it?

Build july 11 2007, wx2.8.4 ( linux unicode ) - Ubuntu feisty 64

Always post large crash reports in compressed form. 7-zip it and then attach it with your reply.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline darthdespotism

• Almost regular
    • Coder's Nemesis
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2007, 04:47:43 pm »
You could compress it and append it as a attachment

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #27 on: July 12, 2007, 05:20:47 pm »
E:\MySource\codeblocks-1.0rc2\cb\src\output\codeblocks.exe caused an Access Violation at location 6cdbb6d8 in module E:\MySource\codeblocks-1.0rc2\cb\src\output\wxmsw28u_gcc_custom.dll Reading from location 00000064.
I'm surprised you could compile that together at all, as RC2 is written against wx2.4 with experimental support for wx2.6. At the time of RC2, wx2.8 was not even planned... :)

Please use up to date sources if you want to compile from source. We do not support RC2 (or answer question regarding that version) since a long time. Sources can be obtained via anonymous Subversion access from BerliOS (see instructions on our website).
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: July 12, 2007, 05:35:09 pm »
I think he overwrote his RC2 with an SVN build, but kept the directory.

PDEE

« Reply #29 on: July 12, 2007, 06:11:04 pm »
You know, i didn't even think of compressing it.  :? Too much on my mind.

OK, here it is, Build july 11 2007, wx.8.4 linux unicode using ubuntu x86_64 bit edition. I don't know if it's any use to you, but you never know. Don't want to slow down the development.  :D

[attachment deleted by admin]