Author Topic: Problem creating same output as VS 2005  (Read 11872 times)

yamokosk

Re: Problem creating same output as VS 2005
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 02:09:07 am »
Great! I will give the new build a test run when it comes out.

Woohoo! It works. You guys rock!... I tried out build 4177 and it compiles the Matlab Mex functions (on Windows, using VS2005) just fine now! The manifest thingy fixed it. I just had to change some of the directories the mt.exe program was looking in to find some of my files but otherwise it works great.

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 04:33:32 am »
I just had to change some of the directories the mt.exe program was looking in to find some of my files but otherwise it works great.

Is it a bug or a customisation that you needed? Please post if wizard created project doesn't work well. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

yamokosk

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2007, 03:27:35 pm »
Is it a bug or a customisation that you needed? Please post if wizard created project doesn't work well.

No I don't think its a bug. I just have my directory structure set up a little differently:

/src/*.cpp
/include/*.h
/bin/debug
/bin/release
/obj/debug
/obj/release
/compile/*.cdb

And also, MATLAB likes their compiled mex functions to have a different extension than DLL. Instead they want *.mexw32. I could probably make a wizard just for Matlab mex functions?

About my directory structure, are their any built-in variables in C::B which could be substituted for the hard coded values used in the wizard?

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2007, 04:28:18 pm »
I could probably make a wizard just for Matlab mex functions?
It's not as easy as you may think - you will have to take a lot into account. There are at least 3 different Matlab versions (in terms of MEX files) that require different settings which itself depend on the compiler. In addition the language matters - you can have Fortran, C and C++ MEX functions. BTW: the mexw32 extension is rather new so this would break any old Matlab version - so be careful with this. BUT: I am working on that, too already. It's not yet perfect but it's btw the most complex wizard I've ever done. ;-) Any yes: It *has* to be a different wizard than the DLL one.
So, feel free to contribute, I would merge our work then before release. :P
Hence I wouldn't commit such into SVN unless we have added support for LCC which is the default compiler for Matlab. Everything else would be just too confusing for Matlab newbies IMHO... That's at least my experience form work.
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ