Author Topic: [Suggestion]"Find" function improvement  (Read 7269 times)

Offline SamT

• Multiple posting newcomer
[Suggestion]"Find" function improvement
« on: June 19, 2007, 03:21:26 am »
Hi all,

There are two funcitons implemented in C::B. When I right click a function call, I could have "Find declaration" and "Find implemention". These two functions are very useful to me. However, I can't find any shortcut related on these. Right click the mouse and select is the only way to use it. Can I add it in keyboard shortcut?

Furthermore, is it possible to have one or two panels in message box to show the function declaration(and/or implemention) automatically when the cursor moved to a function call? I used this function in "Source Insight" (one of a commercial editor) because I can't remember all of the function declaration during coding...

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
Re: [Suggestion]"Find" function improvement
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 03:35:20 am »
That'd be a nice idea...please post it in the feature requests so it won't get lost in here. BTW, the find declaration / implementation belong to the Code Completion plugin. Code::Blocks "core" doesn't have the campability of parsing C++. Perhaps that's why it's poorly integrated.

Offline jazzer

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 07:52:21 am »
Furthermore, is it possible to have one or two panels in message box to show the function declaration(and/or implemention) automatically when the cursor moved to a function call? I used this function in "Source Insight" (one of a commercial editor) because I can't remember all of the function declaration during coding...

This feature is also available in M$VS8 as "Code Definition Window", it shows definitions for anything under cursor (functions, types, enum values, macros etc), very convenient.

Offline SamT

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2007, 04:56:00 pm »
That'd be a nice idea...please post it in the feature requests so it won't get lost in here.

How can I post a feature request in the system? Could somebody help on this? Thank you very much!

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 04:46:59 pm »
Hi all,

There are two funcitons implemented in C::B. When I right click a function call, I could have "Find declaration" and "Find implemention". These two functions are very useful to me. However, I can't find any shortcut related on these. Right click the mouse and select is the only way to use it. Can I add it in keyboard shortcut?

hmm... the solution seems as simple as adding main menu options for some of the CC featues so that keybinder can bind to it... (a minor complication is getting the selected text before sending to the currently existing message handlers because m_lastkeyword, m_lastincludefile get filled when the context menus are created)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 04:49:22 pm by dmoore »

Offline dmoore

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 05:30:24 pm »
patch: http://developer.berlios.de/patch/index.php?func=detailpatch&patch_id=2074&group_id=5358

(adds "insert class method decl/impl" to edit, "insert unimplemented methods" to edit, "find implementation" to search, "find decl" to search and "find include" to search -- they can be bound to keys with keybinder under editor settings -> keyboard shortcuts)