Author Topic: Build info bugs  (Read 6060 times)

TheTypz

Build info bugs
« on: July 30, 2005, 05:04:35 pm »
Hi,

First, i would like to thank you all for this great IDE. It is by far the best open source IDE i have seen yet. And it seems to be getting better and better, as the CVS head screenshots show.

So, i've tried to compile it, so that i could start playing a bit with it and changing the things that bother me most, but i have come over a few issues in the build information (README-wx2.6.0):
  - first, it states that MSYS is not required... This is not exactly true: in fact, it is necessary NOT TO have MSYS (at least not in the path). Else, wxWidgets can't compile.
  - then, i was not able to compile Code::Blocks. I had to add the wxWidgets directories into the Compiler settings, else wx files could not be found. I'm not sure if this is normal, but i have otherwise followed all the instructions... so i guess some information was missing :)
  - finally, the "zip.exe" missing for update, but i was able to find this elsewhere on this forum.

Once this was done, it worked fine, but it would be nice if the build info were updated.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Build info bugs
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2005, 07:34:44 pm »
Once this was done, it worked fine, but it would be nice if the build info were updated.

Sure, feel free to update the wiki with your experiences ;)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

TheTypz

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2005, 01:08:44 am »
ok, i'll do that... Indeed, i had not thought of looking through the wiki... I was thinking that the build information present on CVS (README-wx2.6.0...) should be updated :)

Anyway, i'll add something to the wiki as well.

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2005, 06:06:27 am »
Perhaps it is usefull to update the content of that textfile with the content of the Wiki
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring