Author Topic: Suggestion: Auto-updater  (Read 4313 times)

Offline Wolf

• Multiple posting newcomer
Suggestion: Auto-updater
« on: June 26, 2007, 07:55:17 pm »
Hello,
I know this isn't the board for suggestions, but I can't find it.
It would be nice to have an auto-updater inside C::B. I once made one in C (or was it C++?), so if you are willing to do so, I can provide you with some already working code. The only problem is: Windows-specific code. But it shouldn't be too hard to modify that for Linux... yet they have yum and that other one for Debian I can't remember of. There could be an option to either download only official releases or nightly builds too. Anyways, this isn't a priority I guess, but it would still be nice, as there is no widely spread package manager on Windows.

-- Wolf --

Offline thomas

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: Suggestion: Auto-updater
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2007, 08:20:03 pm »
We have a cURL-based updater (i.e. not Windows-specific) that works as plugin/helper and has implemented 90% of what we need for Code::Blocks.
I've just been too lazy to implement the last 10% so far, and we don't really have any content to update, either. :)
"We should forget about small efficiencies, say about 97% of the time: Premature quotation is the root of public humiliation."

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
Re: Suggestion: Auto-updater
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2007, 08:45:46 pm »
You can update new nighties throw the updater. :idea: Say can be an option install only "stable" nighties or the latest.
gcc+winXP+suse.