User forums > Help

Can't compile or link anything

(1/2) > >>

pix0l:
Hi, I'm using codeblocks 1.0 on Windows XP home along with Microsoft 2003 tool kit compiler. I first ran codeblocks before installing 2003 compiler so I had to set the compiler manually by going to settings->configure plugins->compiler and choosing 2003. I created a new win32 project and setup my include and library paths etc and set the compiler to 2003 again for the project. When I try to compile I get an error "Command execution failed...". I got another message saying the compiler couldn't be found and I most likely won't be able to compile anything. So I look in the compiler settings again under the program tab and see the directory is correct: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003. What's going on? How come I can't compile anything? I feel like a retard with add. Help me before I break my keyboard.

rickg22:
You can try setting the compiler advanced optoins to log "full command line". Then paste the compiler log here.

pix0l:
Hi, where can I set this option? I see settings->configure plugins->compiler->other tab->advanced options but I don't see any logging options there. Sorry for the incompetence. This really shouldn't be difficult.

mandrav:

--- Quote from: pix0l on July 30, 2005, 08:27:01 am ---I first ran codeblocks before installing 2003 compiler so I had to set the compiler manually by going to settings->configure plugins->compiler and choosing 2003.

--- End quote ---

You can go to "Settings->Compiler->[Choose VCToolkit]->Programs" and click on "Auto-detect". This should set everything up...

Yiannis.

squizzz:
If you manage to set up VC Toolkit 2003 executables properly, don't forget to grab and install Platform SDK from Microsoft site. It contains useful C/C++ header files and *.lib-raries - you won't be able to compile much without it.

BTW. one user of Ogre's forum made a quite detailed instruction how to set up VCToolkit + C::B + Ogre, maybe it can help you, just skip the Ogre part. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version