Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Plugins development

How about refactor?

(1/2) > >>

bluekylin:
Is there a plan to implement refactor? like as the refactor of eclipse

Urxae:
Sounds like a very good idea for a plugin :). Unfortunately as far as I know nobody is working on this :(.
I'd sure like someone to take up the task though, I really love the Java refactorings in Eclipse and would certainly be interested in a plugin for Code::Blocks that implemented something similar for C++.
Unfortunately, the fact that C++ has a preprocessor will probably make refactoring for it more difficult to implement as fully as possible for Java. I think implementing it the same way Eclipse does will be very difficult, as that would entail implementing a dynamic syntax tree of the files being edited (scratch that, of everything that uses anything declared in it even). Which requires a dynamic standards-compliant preprocessor and parser for C++ (one of the more difficult languages to parse fully).
However, a more limited form may be possible by ignoring preprocessing (or at least the more advanced uses of it) and not parsing expressions fully, but just enough to recognize what elements it contains (for instance, operator precedence probably doesn't matter much, but things like function calls are easily recognizable and handy for things like renaming said functions).

rickg22:

--- Quote from: Urxae on July 30, 2005, 11:57:00 am ---Sounds like a very good idea for a plugin :). Unfortunately as far as I know nobody is working on this :(

--- End quote ---

Maybe because of the very few people around, nobody has the slightest idea of what refactoring is? :P

David Perfors:
No I don't know for sure what is is... ;) And I have used Eclipse for a long time...

squizzz:
Refactoring is basically process of cleaning up existing source code in order to make it... well... better, more clearly written (easier to mantain, expand, have more potential, etc).

However, I have no idea how plugin could effectively aid this quest. (Did anyone make such a thing ever work?)
Any ideas? :)

Btw: Wikipedia says: Code refactoring.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version