Author Topic: Help....Ubuntu 7.10...Error even self-compile  (Read 4865 times)

windows_usr

Help....Ubuntu 7.10...Error even self-compile
« on: June 14, 2007, 05:25:01 pm »
Help!!  At first, i thought the nightly build was not match ubuntu 7.10.  But the error message persists after i compiled it from source code.... The error message is too long, i put it in attachment.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
Re: Help....Ubuntu 7.10...Error even self-compile
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 05:32:30 pm »
What version of wxWidgets are you using? 2.8.4 is the recommended version, note version 2.8.3 had issues in Linux.

Tim S

First two lines of your attachment posted in case someone knows what they mean.

***MEMORY-WARNING***: [19301]: GSlice: g_thread_init() must be called before all other GLib functions; memory corruption due to late invocation of g_thread_init() has been detected; this program is likely to crash, leak or unexpectedly abort soon...
*** glibc detected *** codeblocks: double free or corruption (out): 0x08e49d90 ***

« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 06:04:45 pm by stahta01 »
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

windows_usr

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 06:23:32 pm »
Thanks :)  It's wx2.8.4 when i installed the nighty build, the package manager didnt complain and install swimminglyand i checked the synaptic reads 2.8.4.0.0ubuntu1

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 06:31:19 pm »
If you run this from an command line what do you get?
I need to confirm that wx-config is seeing the 2.8.4 version of wxWidgets.
Note, I am a windows user, so may make newbie mistakes in Linux.

Code
wx-config --version

Tim S

--

windows_usr

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2007, 02:33:54 am »
I run the command and it gave 2.8.4.  It's weird, previously i used xbuntu 7.10, it just could run it swimmingly, Thanks

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 04:14:04 am »
I run the command and it gave 2.8.4.  It's weird, previously i used xbuntu 7.10, it just could run it swimmingly, Thanks

I have nothing to suggest related to Code::Blocks, I am guessing it is an wxWidgets issue. Can you try the minimal in samples/minimal and see if that works. You might see if an newer GTK+ exists in case it is an GTK+ problem.

Tim S
--

windows_usr

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2007, 11:54:49 am »
It seems not wxwidget, after codeblocks failed, i tried anjuta 2.1.3 for something simple i wrote(some listctrls, text ctrls, comboboxes and buttons) and anjuta can compile them without problem and my wxformbuilder can work with the wxwidget too.

Ubuntu's gtk is the newest already, it's 2.11.1-0ubuntu1.  Previously, i tried to downgrade gtk to gtk 2.11.0.0ubuntu1, the error messages shorter but still not able to start codeblocks.  However, when i forced version to older gtk, after the installation, the interface of gnone become worse, some icons missing on the tool bar and the menu become not complete (some items missing). It seems some setting missing on the installation process.  I just restored my ubuntu partimage backup.  So, even it's gtk's problem, I think it's hardly to change the version of gtk.  At the moment, I think i better use anjuta till codeblocks and those new packages good enough to work with each other.

Thank you so much, ^^

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2007, 09:11:16 pm »
Well, I confirm this issue on Ubuntu 7.10. I believe the issue is with some dependency library of C::B, not with C::B. GDB is not pointing to Code::Blocks code, at least.

As Ubuntu 7.10 is in beta, I would recommend you to file a bug report to Ubuntu team. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

windows_usr

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2007, 02:57:38 pm »
Thank you, i will report to ubuntu ^^