Author Topic: Is it a bug or a feature  (Read 3580 times)

Offline Newbie0815

• Multiple posting newcomer
Is it a bug or a feature
« on: June 11, 2007, 10:08:27 pm »
I´m not a pro in programming, I´m messing around a lot with all kind of stuff, just to learn a few things here and there, so I´m not even sure where this comes from, maybe its just me doing something wrong

When writing small applications, C::B works just fine, even half a dozen projects open at same time is no problem at all
But when writing bigger applications, C::B crashes frequently (at least on my computer)
If I have 2 applications open at same time the borderline seems to be around 3000 lines of code each, after that any mouseclick might lead to a crash
When working on just one single application, the borderline is around 15000 lines of code

I´ve tried a number of nighly builds, with different settings, even on different computers, but the result is always the same
If I close and reopen C::B once every half hour or so, everything is fine, but if I try to keep working, the longer I keep it open and the bigger my application becomes, the more likely it will crash
Often the crash doesn´t even happen during work, building and/or saving my project works still fine, but when I try to close the project after saving, the whole C::B crashes

Currently I´m using a PentiumD 3.4Ghz, 2GB RAM, 320GB HDD, WinXP pro SP2, but as I said, I tried it on other computers as well
I´ve monitored cpu and memory usage, but there is no indication for memory or GDI leaks, even right before a crash, everything seems to be normal

Offline pauliusz

Re: Is it a bug or a feature
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2007, 11:40:11 pm »
What version of CB you are using?

I would say it is definitely not a feature :)

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:46:57 am »
Have you tried disabling the code completion plugin?
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 05:01:26 am »
I agree with TDragon. I believe Code-Completion plugin is the most probable cause of crash. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Newbie0815

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 01:51:12 pm »
Yes I have disabled code completion
I tried a number of versions
last one is a nightly from end of last week