Author Topic: What files do you contain in include and lib directory when using nightly build?  (Read 3446 times)

Offline DreamCT

• Multiple posting newcomer
Hi all cb user.

I have used nightly build.
As you know, nightly build contains no include / lib directory, so I have used include / lib directory structure as same as RC2.

But after I installed MinGW which location is outside of codeblocks, I wanted to avoid overlapping include header files and lib files (cb inc. vs mingw inc.) in my hard disk.

So I tried to arrange that files, but so confused to many different files.

Please give me your effective recipes to add include / lib directory to nightly build.

:: WindowsXP SP2, CB4068, mingw32-make-3.81, gcc-3.4.5

Offline stahta01

• Lives here!
    • My Best Post
I don't understand your question.

Do you know how to use global variables?
Because, if you use global variables, I am guessing that your question would be meaningless.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Recommended_global_variables

Tim S
C Programmer working to learn more about C++ and Git.
On Windows 7 64 bit and Windows 10 64 bit.
--
When in doubt, read the CB WiKi FAQ. http://wiki.codeblocks.org

Offline DreamCT

I don't understand your question.

Do you know how to use global variables?
Because, if you use global variables, I am guessing that your question would be meaningless.

http://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=Recommended_global_variables

Tim S
Sorry for my insufficient explain.

My purpose has no concern with global variable.
For example, my hard disk has two "assert.h" where C:\mingw\include\ and C:\CodeBlocks\include\ .
But, they are different each other a little.

And on the other hand, two "conio.h" is same each other.

I don't want to leave two files from place to place in my pc as same name, so I intend to merge include directory to only one.

Offline Deschamps

Quote from: DreamCT
I don't want to leave two files from place to place in my pc as same name, so I intend to merge include directory to only one.

You don't need any include nor lib folders inside the one where you unzipped the nightly C::B. In fact, you don't need these folders anywhere, because you have just these folders created with your MinGW installation. The files you manually copied inside the codeblocks directory are from other MinGW version (bundled with C::B RC2), but currently you don't need them. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 04:35:41 pm by Deschamps »
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline DreamCT

Thanks Deschamps.

You don't need any include nor lib folders inside the one where you unzipped the nightly C::B. In fact, you don't need these folders anywhere
I didn't know until now.
Because I started C::B with RC2(and without MinGW) for the first time and changed to nightly build one day. So I understood I should keep up the directory structure as same as RC2.

Thanks all inclusive of "stahta01" who always answer the question.