Author Topic: The 06 June 2007 build is out.  (Read 13661 times)

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
The 06 June 2007 build is out.
« on: June 06, 2007, 09:11:32 pm »
Get quick announcements through the RSS feed http://www.codeblocks.org/nightly/CodeBlock_RSS.xml

A link to the unicode windows wxWidget dll for Code::Blocks : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/wxmsw28u_gcc_cb_wx284.7z

For those who might need this one (when no MingW installed on your system) : the mingw10m.dll : http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/mingwm10.7z

The 06 June 2007 build is out.
  - Windows :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070606_rev4066_win32.7z
  - Linux :
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070606_rev4066_Ubuntu6.10+7.04_wx2.8.deb
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070606_rev4066_suse100-102.wx28.i586.rpm (not yet)
   http://prdownload.berlios.de/codeblocks/CB_20070606_rev4066_fc4+5.i586.rpm (not yet)

Resolved Fixed:

• Fixed: [Bug #11229] Sdk never issues cbEVT_EDITOR_DEACTIVATED (By applying [Patch #2034], Thanks pauliusz)
  • Fixed: New search item not stored in Search history of Find/Find-in-files dialog
  • Fixed: Duplicate entry in search history of Replace dialog
  • Applied: [Patch #2027] Patch for bug 10992
  • wxSmith: Applied patch #2032 by Raph: wxSmith: prevent menueditor crash
  • wxSmith:
    * Applied patch #2031 by raph - added missing icons in art provider, combo boxes in image editor are now sorted
    * Applied patch #2030 by raph - added missing icon property for menus
    * Fixed problems with generated code using wxFontEnumerator (it was incompatible with wx 2.8)
  • wxSmith: Applied patch #1994 by stahta01: Enable wxSmith build using wxMSW without PCH
  • wxSmith: Removed flickering of editor when there's some dialog opened in C::B
  • wxSmith:
    * Fixed updating position when using drag&drop in editor inside items without sizers
    * Another anti-artifact fix (prevent fetching screen content when preview is being shown/hidden)
  • Fixed: [Bug #11250] Scripting settings -> Main Security Settings Dialog
  • fixed annoying warning messages for access to registry keys that are not available
  • envvars plugin: added support for envvars per project
  • envvars plugin: Added support for recursion and C::B macro expansion

Regressions/Confirmed/Annoying/Common bugs:

• toolbar-images-not-changing-state (is a wx problem/Win XP problem)

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 11:32:55 pm by killerbot »

Offline dronT78

• Multiple posting newcomer
Re: The 06 June 2007 build is out.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2007, 09:33:11 pm »
Can you add support for use MinGW crosscompile toolchain under Linux?

Offline dronT78

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2007, 10:24:13 pm »
Ups. Unable to find wxSmith. Build from svn rev 4066.
Debian Linux 4.0 Etch. Stable x86
C::B built with ./configure --enable-contribute

Offline Grom

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2007, 10:49:46 pm »
Lots of bug fixes - seems to be we will have a stable version very soon.
gcc+winXP+suse.

Offline indigo0086

• Almost regular
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 12:59:44 am »
did you see my post about using directives obscuring code completion.

windows_usr

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 01:04:43 pm »
May I ask why since last nightly build the Abbreviation setting's Add and Remove buttons are gone?  Is this sth wrong? :shock:

Offline Xaviou

• Regular
    • X@v's wxStuff
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 01:07:28 pm »
Ubuntu 6.10 & 7.04 Amd64 .deb installer (build with wx263 and wx284) can be found here.
The french wxWidgets site : http://www.wxdev.fr
My wxWidgets's stuff : https://wxstuff.xaviou.fr/

Offline Roman

Bug report / Feature request
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 06:46:53 pm »
Hi guys!

I am in the debugging session and my program sits on breakpoint. I selected the text "x/step" and rightclick the mouse on it. C::B suggests "add watch "step"". Would be cool if it suggests "add watch "x/step" instead.

The second thing concerning debug session is that when the mouse moves around some expression the small window with "the value of lpszSomeFunkinVariable is 0x0" spawns. I like that window but when it is shown I can't use "f7" and its friends to proceed with debugging.

Regards,
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 09:35:47 pm »
Hi, thanks for fixing the Linux Build target toolbar bug I saw in my previous installation (3970). In 4066 it works nice :-)

May I suggest another improvement for people like me who run CB on a laptop with only 1024x768 screen resolution: The Code Completion toolbar is huge and extends beyond the right screen edge in my config (I don't want to give it a whole line, it takes up too much space).  As far as I can tell, the left half of this toolbar is deactivated (at least I can't use it for anything), while the right part is extremely useful for navigating in the current file. I would prefer to not see the left half if possible. It helps save space and keep all the useful thing on screen and together.

Thanks for the great work! I would also suggest moving towards an official release when ready.

Offline Roman

« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 10:03:23 pm »
As time goes to the next RC I'm afraid of tabs bug. When new tab is spawned and there were less than half (approximately) free tab space all the existing tabs are shifted to the left and some of them become off the desk. Despite the fact that they all could be fitted to the existing free space.

Mandrav said that this is a known issue (some time ago) and I'm trying to be calm. But f-f-fail-l. P-p-lease someone fix that s**t! It's killing me!

Trying various panic-control techniques,
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline cacb

• Lives here!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 11:38:33 pm »
Ok I have another bug to report, not a new one but it is better understood now. I have a project file containing 4 build targets, W32_Debug/W32_Release for Windows (VS2005 compiler) and UX_Debug/UX_Release for Kubuntu 7.04 (GCC compiler). The problem seems to be that when you select Project | Build Options ..., you get the following build target setup where the project as such defaults to the GCC compiler, even on Windows where the VS2005 compiler is used
<Project Name>
     +-- W32_Debug
     +-- W32_Release
     +-- UX_Debug
     +-- UX_Release

The problem is that compiling a single file on Windows always fails, because it tries to use the GCC compiler, even though one of the W32 build targets is current. When building the whole project, it works correctly and selects the correct compiler on each platform. On Kubuntu, compiling a single file works ... probably because the compiler associated with the project is the same as what is associated with the build target (but maybe some options are lost?).

It appears  that making sure a compile is always using the compiler and settings associated with the currently active build target would solve the problem I am seeing...?

Offline rjmyst3

• wxFormBuilder
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 02:16:24 am »
As time goes to the next RC I'm afraid of tabs bug. When new tab is spawned and there were less than half (approximately) free tab space all the existing tabs are shifted to the left and some of them become off the desk. Despite the fact that they all could be fitted to the existing free space.

Mandrav said that this is a known issue (some time ago) and I'm trying to be calm. But f-f-fail-l. P-p-lease someone fix that s**t! It's killing me!

Trying various panic-control techniques,
Roman

I believe that bug is fixed in version 2.2 of wxFlatNotebook.
From the changelog:
- Changed the behavior of the left/right roation arrows to rotate single tab at a time and not bulk

Perhaps it is time to update?

Offline killerbot

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 08:16:44 am »
I think the new wxFlatNotebook only support wx 284.
Therefor I am holding of a bit.
But will check it this weekend.

Offline wvdakker

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2007, 11:06:07 am »
With version 4066 the libraries are not automaticly build. Going back to 3988 (23 may) and all is working ok.
I am using Mingw on Windows2000