Author Topic: SmartSense/IntelliSense/CodeCompletion  (Read 19824 times)

Alturin

Re: SmartSense/IntelliSense/CodeCompletion
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2007, 01:04:09 am »
So, I don't really see in what way typedefs are supported :(.
Typedefs are certainly supported; it's C-style struct specifiers ("typedef struct test_struct blah;") that aren't. The typedef line is not recognized in any of the first three samples because of this; the last two examples work because "test_struct" is directly recognized as the previously declared struct -- which is entirely correct in C++ (except that the struct definition lacks a semicolon after the closing curly brace).

I was testing the code on my laptop, and manually typed it over to the post, so yeah I forgot the semicolons; added them, thanks.
Is this kind of support on the near to-do list for Code Completion, if it's on there at all?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2007, 08:55:26 am »
Is this kind of support on the near to-do list for Code Completion, if it's on there at all?

There are various things in my todo list but don't expect anything major before our next release is out the door.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline Game_Ender

• Lives here!
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 07:04:48 am »
Perhaps adapting a more robust code base from something like icomplete or omnicppcomplete? (Both are C/C++ code completion libraries with VIM plugins).

EDIT: Both appear to use Ctags like eranif standalone application does.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2007, 07:06:32 am by Game_Ender »

zelimir

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2007, 05:32:28 pm »
First of all, I am really enthusiastic about this great IDE!
It has ample and cool features.
But I also miss those features addressed in this thread.

There are various things in my todo list but don't expect anything major before our next release is out the door.

Does this mean that you are considering to implement this feature BEFORE RC 3 or AFTER 1.0 Final?

I think this feature has to be in the final release, since it is essential for a quality IDE. And I am certainly not alone with this opinion.
A code completion which looks for the right function arguments and struct members makes an IDE a LOT more usable.

Greets,
Zelimir