Author Topic: The 23 May 2007 build is out.  (Read 31510 times)

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
Re: The 23 May 2007 build is out.
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 08:04:00 am »
Make a button somewhere in "Project/Build options" that easily redirects to corresponding "Project/Properties/Build targets".
If you start from the project properties (which is a kind of "root element" for the project) you can easily switch to the build options then and return later to the properties etc...
It that what you mean?
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

woodroof

« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 10:44:16 am »
I can't compile last trunc on WinXP using wxWidgets-2.8.4 - there is no file wx/setup.h, but: wx/depricated/setup.h, msvc/wx/setup.h, wx/msv/setup.h and others. How can I complile this program? Only by change #include line?
Or I must copy wx/msw/setup.h to wx/setup.h?

Offline Jan van den Borst

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 03:08:21 pm »
Hi All
I was just trying the "view debug window" button on the compiler toolbar. I press "Watches" and nothing happens. Is it broken?

Jan

Offline Roman

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2007, 05:09:11 pm »
If you start from the project properties (which is a kind of "root element" for the project) you can easily switch to the build options then and return later to the properties etc...
It that what you mean?

Yes, it is.
But the existing approach is good when You use "properties" more often than "build options".
Would be cool to have the same functionality for the opposite case (when dealing with external libs You use "build options" more frequently for example). The ClickSaver )

Regards
Roman
CB LSI (C::B as a Little Secret Initiative)

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 06:02:55 pm »
I was just trying the "view debug window" button on the compiler toolbar. I press "Watches" and nothing happens. Is it broken?

Please use wx 2.8.4 runtime dll. That would solve your problem.
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

MathStuf

« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 07:59:26 pm »
I've noticed something today. The splash screen on start up has the main logo square behind the one with the SVN build number on it.

Offline Kazade

« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 01:45:43 pm »
I dunno if this is just happening to me, but recently a funny bug appeared. If I change a file, but don't save it, then change focus to another program. When I switch back to Code::Blocks a message appears telling me that the file has been changed outside of code::blocks and do I want to reload. But the file hasnt changed at all. Seems like code blocks is comparing its unsaved changed version with the version on disk. I've tried removing codeblocks and reinstalling the latest nightly, but with no luck.

Offline rjmyst3

• wxFormBuilder
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 04:32:11 pm »
I dunno if this is just happening to me, but recently a funny bug appeared. If I change a file, but don't save it, then change focus to another program. When I switch back to Code::Blocks a message appears telling me that the file has been changed outside of code::blocks and do I want to reload. But the file hasnt changed at all. Seems like code blocks is comparing its unsaved changed version with the version on disk. I've tried removing codeblocks and reinstalling the latest nightly, but with no luck.
This happens when you have the AutoSave feature on, and you have autosave save the original file, and not a backup. So, Code::Blocks saves the file with the AutoSave feature, but then another part of Code::Blocks notices that the file was saved, but not directly by the user, and warns about the file being changed.

Does this warrant a bug report?

Offline Kazade

« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 09:52:28 am »
Oh yeh! I completely forgot I'd chosen that option. Thanks a lot it was really getting annoying  :D

Offline Baco

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2007, 06:38:02 pm »
Hi all,
i think i have found a little bug in the NB 3989 regarding the checkbox "Pause when execution ends".
I was trying a win32 gui application project.
Follows the steps to reproduce the problem.
-open Project|Properties|Build targets
-in "selected build target options" in the Type choose "GUI application"
-then confirm with the OK button

-reopen Project|Properties|Build targets
-in "selected build target options" in the Type choose "Console application"
-the checkbox below "Pause when execution ends" it is not checked

-in "selected build target options"
-the checkbox "Pause when execution ends" it is checked now

Offline Deschamps

« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2007, 07:09:35 pm »
Quote from: Baco
(..) i think i have found a little bug in the NB 3989 regarding the checkbox "Pause when execution ends" (..)

I can confirm that with rev.4046 this issue remains.As Baco has said, it seems that the check/uncheck status for "Pause when execution ends" isn't remembered when one changes the "Type" of application in Project -> Properties -> Build targets, and if "Console application" is selected (after a previous different type selected) then this checkbox is always checked by default.

Edit: In any case, i'm not sure if this is made in that manner on purpose, because it's supposed that one wants to see the console results (inside C::B) after the program has ended and before this console closes, so it has sense that when "Console application" is selected, this checkbox was always initially checked.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2007, 07:17:54 pm by Deschamps »
Those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2007, 07:17:45 pm »
Please file a bug report at Berlios. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.

Offline Baco

• Single posting newcomer
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2007, 08:01:58 pm »
Bug report filed...

(..) so it has sense that when "Console application" is selected, this checkbox was always initially checked.

The bug is that initially it is shown not checked.

I tried also this:
-open Project|Properties|Build targets
-in "selected build target options" in the Type choose "GUI application"

-in "selected build target options" in the Type choose "Console application"
-the checkbox below "Pause when execution ends" it is not checked
-click on the checkbox to check it
-click on the checkbox to uncheck it

-in "selected build target options"