Author Topic: Version 1.0-RC1 released!  (Read 72333 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Version 1.0-RC1 released!
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2005, 09:41:11 am »
Source package re-uploaded.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline z0b

• Single posting newcomer
    • http://koti.mbnet.fi/~z0b
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2005, 10:17:43 am »
[Might be in wrong forum, move to correct if needed]

I just tested the newest RC1 and I must say that we are still far away from the 1.0-final. Here's why:

1) In RC1 it is NOT possible to change the background color of the editor. It is ALWAYS white. At least I could not change it after
fiddling with the settings.

2) In my project (70+ files) the loading takes ages. When I exit CB, it unloads files a full minute, then crashes...

I can live with the crashing or slowing down, but I can't write a single line of code with white background.

But otherwise, the RC1 looks quite good.

Offline polygon7

• Multiple posting newcomer
    • Home site
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2005, 12:03:07 pm »
Hi,
i have errors with C::B RC1 and Help plug-in (i don't known is this a C::B bug or Help plug-in) - translated to English:
Can not find an entry point to _ZN7Manager3GetEP7wxFrameP10wxNotebookP8wxWindow in codeblocks.dll library
and
Failed to load shared library <code blocks path>/plugins/help_plugin.dll" (Error 127: Can not find procedure)
best regards,
p7
 Free open source UML modeling tool: ArgoUML

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2005, 04:44:08 pm »
Will the trailing whitespace issue be addressed?  :P

Looks like I'll wait a bit to test this, as I must be able to set my custom background color. Why are the editor colors moved to file types? Can I at least copy a color scheme between files easily? I don't want to have to take 45 twice to set my colors for both .h and .cpp  :?
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2005, 05:43:16 pm »
I tested the background color (in syntax highlighting for c++ files) and i think it works.

Regarding the trailing space issue, we'd need help: We don't know how to do it! :shock: I mean, it COULD be implemented when saving files, but not after editing each line (which I think would be the main problem). Anyway feel free to post the issue in the developer forums to see if anyone can help.

Offline Vampyre_Dark

• Regular
  • Hello!
    • Somewhere Over The Rainbow...
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2005, 06:50:14 pm »
I tested the background color (in syntax highlighting for c++ files) and i think it works.

Regarding the trailing space issue, we'd need help: We don't know how to do it! :shock: I mean, it COULD be implemented when saving files, but not after editing each line (which I think would be the main problem). Anyway feel free to post the issue in the developer forums to see if anyone can help.

I was under the impression that the Dev forums were off limits to me. :)

I don't know how it happens, but I always seem to end up wth a ton of whitespace behind my lines, like 3 tabs worth. It gets messy, in DevC++ there is an option to kill this trailing whitespace. I'm not sure if it happens per line of on save.

Has the helper box thing been imporved? At the moment it pops up whenever I press '.'(with nothing usefull) and steals my keyboard focus.
C::B Wishlist
~BOYCOTT THE EVIL YELLOW BOXES~

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2005, 07:20:10 pm »
I don't know how it happens, but I always seem to end up wth a ton of whitespace behind my lines, like 3 tabs worth. It gets messy, in DevC++ there is an option to kill this trailing whitespace. I'm not sure if it happens per line of on save.

Nevermind, i opened a topic about it. The solution seems rather easy now :)

Has the helper box thing been imporved? At the moment it pops up whenever I press '.'(with nothing usefull) and steals my keyboard focus.

:-S you're *asking* ? Don't tell me you haven't downloaded the newest version yet!

Offline z0b

• http://koti.mbnet.fi/~z0b
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2005, 07:20:53 pm »

Did you try to change the background color of the editor? It's possible to change bg color of invividual elements in the list, but not the background color of the editor itself. It is hardcoded to white. It was possible in the pre-RC1-versions (beta7 and beta8 at least had this feature).

Offline eprubio

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2005, 06:45:48 pm »
A small issue: after running the program for the first time it crashed on exit, but in later runs it worked fine.

Great work!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2005, 06:47:59 pm by eprubio »
By reading this signature, you agree my draconian EULA.

kcfelix

« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2005, 06:48:21 am »
Code::Blocks is most certainly the best free IDE i've ever used. I discovered it just a while ago wandering around Ogre3D Wiki and since then I'm using it for all my programs. Even tough it has a lot of stuff I've missed from other IDEs it was far better than any other. And now all the stuff I've missed seen to be getting around!

Cheers guys, for that wonderfull app.  :D

Just a little sugestion: wouldn't it be better if we had a way of closing tabs from the tabs itself? Like a context right-click menu with Close this tab stuff or a little close button right the tabs to close the active one? It's just a suggestion, if nodoby else's missing it I can live without thta ;)

Offline Urxae

• Regular
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2005, 10:18:45 am »
Just a little sugestion: wouldn't it be better if we had a way of closing tabs from the tabs itself? Like a context right-click menu with Close this tab stuff or a little close button right the tabs to close the active one?
That would be nice, but notice right-clicking the editor belonging to that tab works. So for the active tab it's just as easy, if a little less intuitive: aim lower :). For other tabs, you'll have to open them and then aim lower. Not ideal, but it works :roll:.

Offline Funto

• Multiple posting newcomer
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2005, 12:27:15 pm »
It would be nice to put a little arrow for this in the top right like in Firefox :)

Putting an arrow on each tab may results in errors : we want to select a tab and close it...

zieQ

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2005, 06:42:28 pm »
I second this feature request, a quick close button is missing to me in the top right corner.

Other small feature request:
- in the Find dialog, i remember the focus was set the the label "find" instead of the text to search for, but I could not reproduce the problem!?
- default option "one instance only" is annoying
- I miss a "drag and drop" feature from explorer to C::B
- the confirmation dialog when rebuild/rebuild all is very annoying too. Maybe an option to set if the IDE should ask a confirmation or not for that ?

And bugs:
- no "find" option when a file is open without any project loaded, but the "replace" option is there. May be a problem with the "find in files" which you be disabled, but not the "find".

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2005, 06:43:08 pm »
Please! Submit bugs and feature requests at sourceforge!

zieQ

« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2005, 06:44:26 pm »
Please! Submit bugs and feature requests at sourceforge!

Oh yes, sorry!