Author Topic: C Programming Libraries  (Read 4210 times)

Nalum

C Programming Libraries
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:48:05 pm »
Hey All,
I've recently moved from windows to Linux Ubuntu and would like to get back into programming C.
I was told that Code::Blocks was great for C programming. I've downloaded and installed C::B but I don't know what libraries are available with the default install. Is there a list of them or do you know where I can get any for use on Windows and Linux?

Thanks for your help.

Nalum

Offline TDragon

• Lives here!
    • TDM-GCC
Re: C Programming Libraries
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:08:23 pm »
I've downloaded and installed C::B but I don't know what libraries are available with the default install. Is there a list of them or do you know where I can get any for use on Windows and Linux?
Code::Blocks itself doesn't come with any additional development libraries. However, Ubuntu has an enormous repository of packages that are easily installed from the Synaptic package manager. Which libraries you'd be interested in depends on what kind of development you'll be doing.
https://jmeubank.github.io/tdm-gcc/ - TDM-GCC compiler suite for Windows (GCC 9.2.0 2020-03-08, 32/64-bit, no extra DLLs)

Nalum

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2007, 08:53:24 pm »
Hey TDragon,
Thanks for the reply I will check out the repository.

Offline Auria

• Almost regular
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 01:04:50 am »
Hey TDragon,
Thanks for the reply I will check out the repository.

there are tons and tons of them, you can't randomly browse the repositories. The best is usually to google for a lib that does whatever you want and when you found it you can install in the repos... really depends on your needs once again