Author Topic: ATTENTION ALL DEVELOPERS: Biography information required!  (Read 9538 times)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
ATTENTION ALL DEVELOPERS: Biography information required!
« on: July 22, 2005, 07:56:50 pm »
For the new site, I'm making an "About us" section. If you're making a plugin or have been listed as developer at sourceforge, please give us some information about yourself:

Full name, username, e-mail
Small biography. One or two paragraphs max (3rd person style preferred).

How did you join the project.
---

And that's it folks!

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 08:08:47 pm »
Do I qualify? I've been an official plugin developer listed @ SF for less than 12 hours :P

So, should that info go to Private Message or in this forum?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2005, 08:13:43 pm »
If you're listed, you're in :)

OK let me repeat the post:

"If you're making a plugin *OR* have been listed as developer at sourceforge". So that means the RAD plugins developers are accepted, too!

Private or forum? Well, it's going to be public anyway :P However you please.
Oh yeah. Remember to post your mail as spamproof [at] format [dot] com!

(ugh so many edits)

Try to make your description (how you joined the project) more personal, 1st person-style allowed. We want to show the users that we're real people!

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2005, 08:28:54 pm »
Ok, so I'm in.

Full name: Paúl Andrés Jiménez
Username: Ceniza
e-mail: ceniza [at] gda [dot] utp [dot] edu [dot] co

Small biography: He was born in Pereira and has been living there for 22 years. He's currently studying System and Computing Engineering in the UTP (Universidad Tecnológica de Pereira).

He has mainly focused in C and C++ and also some Python (Compiler's project @ college). Some libraries he has worked with are Allegro and wxWidgets.

How did I join the project: mandrav asked me if I would like to in the CVS binary snapshot thread in the forums, a few hours ago I said yes and that's it, I'm in.

Well, all I can say is the spam-free version of my e-mail looks ugly and yes, it's .CO (really, I didn't miss the 'M').

Anything else?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2005, 11:09:54 pm »
Um, when I said "join the project" i meant how you found out about it and what you did to contribute etc. Not "how you were accepted in the sourceforge list".  :roll: Darn I have to be more specific the next time :P

Offline Ceniza

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • CenizaSOFT
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2005, 11:33:42 pm »
Heh, so it's that.

Believe me, I've been trying to remember how I found this project but it seems like I wrote that info in a bad cluster. I was looking for a nice C/C++ IDE for several months and couldn't find anything so I always had to stick with Dev-C++ and its bugs. Every now and then I retried but always had the same bad luck. So it could have been Google but I'mn't 100% sure of that, really.

My contributions have been bugfixes to bugs I've found, the ASTyle plugin update (where I'mn't even in the "Thanks to..." :cry:) and currently the help plugin maintenance. Dunno if the "Every now and then Code::Blocks CVS binary snapshots" count too.

Now I'm in because of the help plugin :)

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2005, 12:22:07 am »
cool, thanks! That will do.

NEXT!!!! :lol:

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2005, 12:51:42 am »
Quote from: Ceniza
My contributions have been bugfixes to bugs I've found, the ASTyle plugin update (where I'mn't even in the "Thanks to..." :cry:)

I usually update the "Thanks to" right before releasing an update, because that's when I generate the ChangeLog and see what's changed :)

But, I am human and I might 've forgotten someone who helped.
I will take this opportunity and ask anyone has helped and wants to be mentioned in the credits, to please say so.
Perfect time, just before a new release ;)

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...