Author Topic: General questions  (Read 20979 times)

Offline johne53

• Regular
Re: General questions
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 10:50:49 am »
This is the full build log that I'm seeing:-

Execution of 'cl.exe /nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_AFXDLL /FD /Zp1 /D_MBCS /DFILETREECTRL_NO_RESOURCES  /I"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\include" /I"D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew" /c "D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew\ComboDemo.cpp" /FoRelease\ComboDemo.obj' in 'D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew' failed.
Nothing to be done.

That was in response to pressing CTRL+SHIFT+F9 (i.e. just attempting to compile 1 x source file). I've tried 2 x compilers - namely Visual C++ 6.0 and Visual C++ 2003. I get the same message in either case. I can't help feeling that I need to 'turn something on' in order to see the compiler's actual output. Or do I maybe have to redirect it somewhere (e.g. via a pipe?)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 10:52:26 am by johne53 »

Offline MortenMacFly

• Administrator
  • Lives here!
« Reply #31 on: April 26, 2007, 11:14:44 am »
Please post a minimal example to reproduce. MS Visual C++ v6.0 isn't supported by C::B natively. It can be attached (there is an article in the WiKi) but I wonder if you had used that information?
Anyway: Have a look at my sig to see the full compiler command...
With regards, Morten.
Compiler logging: Settings->Compiler & Debugger->tab "Other"->Compiler logging="Full command line"
C::B Manual: https://www.codeblocks.org/docs/main_codeblocks_en.html
C::B FAQ: https://wiki.codeblocks.org/index.php?title=FAQ

Offline johne53

• Regular
« Reply #32 on: April 26, 2007, 11:33:10 am »
Thanks Morten. I switched to "Full command line" which simply gives me this output:-

cl.exe /nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_AFXDLL /FD /Zp1 /D_MBCS /DFILETREECTRL_NO_RESOURCES  /I"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\include" /I"D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew" /c "D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew\ComboDemo.cpp" /FoRelease\ComboDemo.obj
Execution of 'cl.exe /nologo /MD /W3 /GX /O2 /DWIN32 /DNDEBUG /D_WINDOWS /D_AFXDLL /FD /Zp1 /D_MBCS /DFILETREECTRL_NO_RESOURCES  /I"E:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio\VC98\Bin\include" /I"D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew" /c "D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew\ComboDemo.cpp" /FoRelease\ComboDemo.obj' in 'D:\Program Files\ComboDemoNew' failed.
Nothing to be done.

I'll try the wiki and if that doesn't make things any clearer, I'll post a small project.

Offline johne53

• Regular
« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2007, 01:04:57 pm »
I think that the wiki must be referring to an older version. It says:-

The compiler/linker setup (tab "Directories) should be done as following:
Under the tab "Compiler" add the following path's:
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\Include
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\MFC\Include
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\ATL\Include

Under the tab "Linker" add the following path's:
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\Lib
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\MFC\Lib

Under the tab "Resource compiler" add the following path's:
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\Include
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\MFC\Include
{YOUR_MSVC6}\VC98\ATL\Include

However, I can't seem to find any of those tabs...  :(

Offline Charon

• Multiple posting newcomer
  • fnord
    • charon - where mental illness meets chronic nonsense
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2007, 01:11:58 pm »
Some time ago one tab-page was changed to a drop-down list.

Select "Search directories" in dthe drop-down list, then you will see your tabs.

Markus

[attachment deleted by admin]
hi, i am a signature virus. please copy me into your sig!
Wish list : no root-node for workspaces, open files and symbols; world domination

Offline johne53

• Regular
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2007, 02:26:50 pm »
Woohoo...! It's looking good.... I still need to add a few more search directories (to match my existing setup) but finally, I seem to be seeing real compiler warnings.  :D

Offline johne53

• Regular
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2007, 03:34:38 pm »
I've managed to build and run a complete MFC application but I'm not sure whether I'll be able to debug it (i.e. single stepping etc). Would I need to use a separate debugger to achieve this? As far as I can see, there's no separate debugger supplied with VC++.