Author Topic: remote debugging  (Read 3359 times)

danm

remote debugging
« on: April 03, 2007, 05:33:39 pm »
I've been attempting to use code::blocks to debug a separate machine running linux.  The host machine is using windows with the necessary gdb tools under cygwin.  The target is an embedded system that I can connect to by ip.  The only thing that appears to be stopping me from using code::blocks as the debugger front-end is that it automatically executes gdb commands that do not work for remote debugging (or at least our target.)

After gdb connects to the target, code::blocks executes the 'run' command automatically.  This causes gdb to kill the running executable and fail.  This seems like it would be a universal problem when trying to remotely debug.  It happens whether or not I have "Do not run the debugee" checked in the debugger settings.

Is there any way to change this behavior?  Is remote debugging supported?  Are there any plans to support remote debugging?  I was hoping there would be a plain text script file I could edit that controlled the behavior of gdb, but I didn't see one.

Thanks
-dan

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: remote debugging
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 06:00:35 pm »
Are there any plans to support remote debugging?

Yes, soon.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

danm

Re: remote debugging
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 10:02:46 pm »
How soon?  Does that mean months, weeks, tonight's build?