Author Topic: Documentation in various formats  (Read 29030 times)

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
Re: Documentation in various formats
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2005, 08:37:09 am »
:oops: sorry, it was late, and my mind wasn't clear :oops: please forgive me :P

btw, Yiannis, I think the best way to store the files is in the cvs, should we use a seperate module? (I think so..)
I kind of lost you...
Are you talking about documentation files? If so, yes they should be kept in cvs...
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2005, 09:17:25 pm »
I kind of lost you...
Are you talking about documentation files? If so, yes they should be kept in cvs...
Yes I am talking about the documentation files.. Sorry if I was so unclear...
Compiler: mingw
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #47 on: September 10, 2005, 12:17:51 pm »
Next week I will try to make something to show...
hmm. it takes a bit longer :P I am going to reinstall my computer this weekend with windows and OpenBSD (yes I like to change distributions ;))
Also I am not going to prommise anything, I see I have to less time to prommise something  :?
IDE: Code::Blocks SVN WX: 2.8.4 Wish list: faster code completion, easier debugging, refactoring

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2005, 10:20:32 am »
Finaly I've got something :lol: it is not much, but it is a start. I started to make a Quick guide, without any colors/style and the only thing that is visible are the "legal" stuff (copyright, disclamer, license (fdl)) I will put this into the cvs very soon, and I am going to find a place to upload this sample. (or could I send it to one of the admins to store it temporary on the server?)

It is easier than I thought :) I used the Ubuntu documantation and the LFS documentation, and at the moment I am working on Ubuntu.

The structure I use:
Code
doc/
    common/       <-- all the common stuff like license and stuff.
    libs/               <-- all the settings used by all documantation.
    quickguide/   <-- name of the documantation
    build/             <-- the output directory

To make it possible to store translations in CVS every directory (except libs) have subdirectories with the 2 character code for the country (NL for dutch, fr for France, etc.) The default is C (don't know where that stands for. is also used by Ubuntu  :oops:). For know it is only possible to create HTML files, but as soon as I have found the package FOP in the Ubuntu installer I could add PDF support.

(hmm. no I have to use the commandline to commit things to CVS :?)

Offline David Perfors

• Developer
  • Lives here!
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2005, 02:41:05 pm »
I have created a new module in CVS it is called "docs"
There is one makefile which can build a documentationguide. The documentation guide isn't finished yet, but it will contain some information on how to build and edit the documentation.