User forums > General (but related to Code::Blocks)

Switch between debug/release, how?

(1/3) > >>

BiMode:
Hello,

I like the way VC++ IDE does this (separate profile for debug build and release build).
So, how do I do this in CodeBlock?

Thanks.

mandrav:
It hasn't been designed with Debug/Release configurations in mind. So this options is not available yet...

troels:

--- Quote from: mandrav ---It hasn't been designed with Debug/Release configurations in mind. So this options is not available yet...
--- End quote ---

A very useful option, please consider to add it soon, while the program is young (before the .cbp file format is fixed forever). Debug/Release directories as well. Parinya had this feature (even if he had a much weaker project file format). I wish I could do something in return, or do it myself, but I'm not up to speed with wxWidgets yet, and I have no money!

What about (monoplatform) Dev-Cpp? Have you left the project?

Best regards,
Troels

mandrav:

--- Quote from: troels ---
A very useful option, please consider to add it soon, while the program is young (before the .cbp file format is fixed forever). Debug/Release directories as well. Parinya had this feature (even if he had a much weaker project file format).

--- End quote ---

Just to get it out of the way, the .cbp format cannnot be fixed. It's XML. "X" stands for eXtensible ;)
About the Debug/Release configuration, it's something that will probably be done in the future. The main goal now is to make it stable, under all platforms.

--- Quote from: troels ---What about (monoplatform) Dev-Cpp? Have you left the project?
--- End quote ---

Officially no (I 'm still listed as a developer) but practically, yes. I have left the project for around a year now.

Yiannis.

Anonymous:
Can't different targets be established for this? They inherit compiler options, so setting proper directories for the object files and the output file and switching "generate debug info" in one of the instances should probably do the work (when the compiler options get fixed).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version