Author Topic: Qt & VC++ sub-directories  (Read 6435 times)

Qt & VC++ sub-directories
« on: July 13, 2005, 10:19:44 pm »
I just downloaded CB (1.0 finalbeta) windows version and looks great!   I need to download/compile wxwidgets and CB for my HP-UX system too.

With Qt and VC++, it creates a debug and a release sub-directory, which keeps the debug object code and executable seperate from the released version.  I couldn't find anything in the project options to set this up, is there a way?  If not, it's a suggestion...

Need to download martin's Qt template, currently I just select console and custom Makefile and use the example Makefile to compile the code.

Thanks.

Craig.

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 10:40:35 pm »
Craig: To make the release version run, go to the "src" directory and run the batch file "update". Then the release version in the "output" subdirectory will be able to run correctly.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2005, 12:14:31 am »
Rick: Sorry, I need to clarify;  I think you are talking about compiling CB, however I'm refering to a project built within CB.  In VC++6 when you create a new project, it creates two sub-dirs (one for debuging and one for release version).  In Qt, you create a Makefile.debug and Makefile.release along with the two sub-dirs for the project.....  

Thanks,
Craig.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2005, 01:01:01 am »
Oh. Hmmmm... I had never tried to do that. In fact, the only project I've been working in C::B is C::B itself :P so I couldn't tell.

er, that was me, forgot to log on. (Rick)