Author Topic: Debugger problems: stalls or quit (March 11 build)  (Read 3327 times)

dr snuggles

Debugger problems: stalls or quit (March 11 build)
« on: March 12, 2007, 11:00:12 am »
I'm having two issues with the debugger in the C::B build of March 11.

While in debug mode:
1) The debugger stalls if I hover over a method call in my code, which is not solvable. Pressing F7 doesn't work anymore
Example: hovering over the selected text: "someVector.size()" for a vector which is out of scope.

2) When doing nothing while examining a breakpoint, the debugger might just continue while ignoring all breakpoints and end with "Debugger finished with status 0".

Is there a workaround or a fix for these issues? Am I doing something wrong while debugging?

I experienced these two issues in earlier builds I tried (Feb 21, Feb 28, Mar 8 ). There was also an issue where the debugger ignored some breakpoints and code, but that seems to be solved in this build of March 11.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 03:44:55 pm by dr snuggles »

dr snuggles

Re: Debugger problems: stalls or quit (March 11 build)
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:01:32 pm »
Code to reproduce issue 1:
Code: c++
#include <iostream>
#include <stdlib.h>
using namespace std;

void printInt(int Integer) {
    cout << "Integer is: " << Integer << endl; //hover over cout to get a tooltip: the compiler will stop after that
}

int main() {
    int result=5;  //create a breakpoint here, press f8 and hover over cout
    printInt(result);
    return 0;
}

Reproducing code for issue 2 seems pretty hard with short code (the longer the code, the higher the probability of issue 2).

GDB version is 5.2.1
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 03:59:29 pm by dr snuggles »