Author Topic: building a qt application from code::blocks  (Read 7837 times)

QwertZuiopü

building a qt application from code::blocks
« on: July 11, 2005, 04:09:05 pm »
hi,

i have a problem building a simple qt(4) - app.

(system = windows xp)

from the commandline, i can enter
Code
qmake -project
qmake -spec win32-g++
make
and everything goes well.

but when i create a new target in the codeblocks-project (commands-only) and enter the same commands in the "pre-build steps", i get an error.
("Fatal: 'FORCE' does not exist - don't know how to make it")

so what is the difference between the two proceedings?

Offline rickg22

• Lives here!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2005, 05:41:23 pm »
I'm not a make expert, and the compiler part of Codeblocks isn't my field, but I think you forgot to enable the "this is a custom makefile" in your compiler settings. Otherwise, codeblocks generates the makefile, overwriting the one you just made in the pre-build steps.

Then again, it's just my humble opinion. :mrgreen:

QwertZuiopü

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2005, 05:47:05 pm »
ok, i think, it was my fault. codeblocks somehow used the borland-make instead of gnu-make  :shock:
now it works.

nevertheless, i'd like to know why codeblocks behaves this way.:roll:  does it change the PATH variable or something?

Quote from: rickg22
I'm not a make expert, and the compiler part of Codeblocks isn't my field, but I think you forgot to enable the "this is a custom makefile" in your compiler settings. Otherwise, codeblocks generates the makefile, overwriting the one you just made in the pre-build steps.
i thought that too, but the makefile was definitely the qt-generated one.

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2005, 06:42:09 pm »
Quote from: QwertZuiopü
ok, i think, it was my fault. codeblocks somehow used the borland-make instead of gnu-make  :shock:
now it works.

nevertheless, i'd like to know why codeblocks behaves this way.:roll:  does it change the PATH variable or something?

What do you mean "this way"?
Code::Blocks doesn't alter your PATH settings, at least not permanently. It adds the current compiler's paths as the first in PATH but this only happens in the Code::Blocks process. It doesn't affect the PATH variable system-wide.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...

QwertZuiopü

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2005, 08:08:32 pm »
thanks for the help.

Quote from: mandrav
Code::Blocks doesn't alter your PATH settings, at least not permanently. It adds the current compiler's paths as the first in PATH but this only happens in the Code::Blocks process. It doesn't affect the PATH variable system-wide.
that's (more or less) what i meant by "this way".
and the whole thing (the problem described above) also happens in other programs, so that's not a code::blocks matter.

btw:
is it intended, that the pre-build steps are not executed when the "build method" (compile->compiler options->other) is set to "Work with Makefile" or should i report a bug ?

Offline mandrav

• Project Leader
  • Administrator
  • Lives here!
    • Code::Blocks IDE
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2005, 11:32:22 pm »
Quote from: QwertZuiopü
btw:
is it intended, that the pre-build steps are not executed when the "build method" (compile->compiler options->other) is set to "Work with Makefile" or should i report a bug ?

It's not intended. You should file a bug-report.

Yiannis.
Be patient!
This bug will be fixed soon...