Developer forums (C::B DEVELOPMENT STRICTLY!) > Development

No again @ weird "error"

(1/4) > >>

Ceniza:
The first time I compiled Code::Blocks with wxWidgets 2.6.0 I got a weird "error" and couldn't find the reason.

Decided to compile wxWidgets 2.6.1 and recompile Code::Blocks and it (the "error") went away.

A few days ago I got Windows XP to self-destruct and I had to reinstall it, even though I saved all my stuff (back-up), including my MinGW installation, compiled libraries (including DLL and .a), Code::Blocks CVS and the latest functional version I compiled.

I decided to run Code::Blocks but the weird "error" is back, I recompiled it and the error is still there. I cannot really find the reason, it makes no sense at all.

Here's a screenshot (see the red ?): http://gda.utp.edu.co/~ceniza/CBCVS.png (ignore the code, I was testing the Code Completion plugin)

The "workspace widget/tree" isn't drawn at all, even though it's functional: if I open a project and click here and there the files get opened and with right click I get the menus, but it'll still be the same white space.

Anyone else has run into that? Got to solve it? Know the reason at least?

Ceniza:
Ok, it seems I finally found the problem.

Code::Blocks by default tries to open HOMEDIR/.CodeBlocks/default.workspace, which I hadn't. I added an empty file with that name there and nothing happened. I got to rename it, save it, get it to load again (restarting Code::Blocks) and nothing.

I changed the Environment settings of "On application start-up" to "open blank workspace", restarted Code::Blocks and it worked!

So... it's a Code::Blocks' problem. Was it already fixed and I missed it?

rickg22:
Man! You should report it to Sourceforge. I found a couple of configuration problems (registry) as well. Reported them, btw.

tiwag:

--- Quote from: Ceniza ---... Code::Blocks but the weird "error" is back
... Here's a screenshot (see the red ?): http://gda.utp.edu.co/~ceniza/CBCVS.png
...Anyone else has run into that?...
--- End quote ---

get the same bug here, when compiling CB with wx261

David Perfors:
Me to... even when I open a project..

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version