Author Topic: [SOLVED] Generic Build Log - Non-informative on detail needed  (Read 3476 times)

deadimp

[SOLVED] Generic Build Log - Non-informative on detail needed
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:37:23 am »
By "Build Log" I mean the text echo'd to C::B's logs, all of them, and by "generic" I mean that it's not giving me specific details on the commands it's describing (I'm looking for the commands to be executed, specifically the options that C::B generates).
I'm trying to build a program with D (using GDC), and I'm getting an error on linking about "crt2.o" missing, even though it's in my gcc directory (in MinGW).
Here's my Build Log (that seems the closest to what I'm looking for):
Code
-------------- Build: default in parse ---------------
Linking console executable: parse.exe
c:\gnu\mingw\bin\ld.exe: crt2.o: No such file: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Process terminated with status 1 (0 minutes, 1 seconds)
0 errors, 0 warnings

Does anyone know of how to detect these commands? Or is there an option that I've overlooked?

[WinXP Professional SP2, C::B 02/02/07 svn 3634]
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:47:57 am by deadimp »

deadimp

Re: Generic Build Log - Non-informative on detail needed
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 05:42:05 am »
Well, I guess this is no surprise to anyone, but I've just now checked my compiler settings, and I see that my search directories for linker weren't what I thought they were.
However, the question still remains, how can I get the commands that C::B sends to the system?

EDIT: Well, another big surprise. Right after posting this, I find my answer. Found it in 'Other Settings'. Yeah...
However, my compiler still isn't finding crt2.o...
Eh.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2007, 05:44:41 am by deadimp »

Offline Biplab

• Developer
  • Lives here!
    • Biplab's Blog
Re: [SOLVED] Generic Build Log - Non-informative on detail needed
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 06:03:41 am »
Goto Settings > Compiler and debugger settings. Click on the combo showing Compiler settings and select Other settings in that Combo. Now change Compiler logging to Full command line. This will give you the commands that C::B sends to system.

Regarding crt2.o error, I believe you forgot to install mingw32-runtime package. :)
Be a part of the solution, not a part of the problem.